ShutUp!!!
Years ago

Funny Lightning vs Korean Team

I have been told about 2 International games that the Lightning are playing next week.

They are playing on Friday night at Mt Barker (7.45pm) and Sunday at Wayville at (2pm) and are playing a team from the Korean National League that includes a number of Korean National Team members.

Unless I am mistaken, I haven't seen any Pubilicty for either of these games.

Topic #1056 | Report this topic

Sista  
Years ago

An email was sent to BASA re the game on 05/11/04 to be sent out to each of the clubs.
Flyers have gone out to the country Assocaitions. An article will appear in the Courier next week promoting the game in the Hills area.

Reply #11753 | Report this post

the appreciator  
Years ago

should be generally better promoted - I'll be there on sunday

Reply #11776 | Report this post

Sue Yang  
Years ago

Adelaide Quit Lightning versus Shinhan Bank Korean Women's Team
Friday 5th November 2004
Adelaide Hills Rec Centre
1 Howard Lane, Mt Barker
Warm up 7.15pm
Tip off 7.45pm
Adults $5.00
Concession $3.00
16 and Under $2.00
Juniors playing before or after AQL game at the Rec Centre and their parents are welcome to watch the game for no cost.

Reply #11812 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Heard a whisper that there's some mens' games coming up too against a Malaysian team. Can anyone confirm?

Reply #11825 | Report this post

Michael Sweeney  
Years ago

Yes International Women's Basketball is coming to the Wayville Sports Centre next Sunday with the Adelaide Quit Lightning taking on the Shinan Bank Korean Women's team with tip off at 2.00pm.
I do not know what publicity BASA is giving to the game however Forestville have set fliers to all their junior players along with fliers in all programmes that were distributed at yesterday AQL game as well as posters on the stadium noticeboards.
Admission to the game will be $2.00 with all junior players from all Clubs in their Club apparel admitted free.
The Koream team includes two national players from the recent Olympics as well as the Coach. This is an ideal game for people who have not seen the AQL in action at Wayville for a very little outlay.
As usual canteen and bar facilities will be available.

Michael Sweeney
Secretary

Reply #11982 | Report this post

hag  
Years ago

Woodville men are playing a Malaysian team on Monday, 8th Nov, at the Dome at 6.30pm. I think it is $5 entry.

Reply #12047 | Report this post

beyondthearc  
Years ago

yup i've heard that too. woodville men playing a malaysian team at the dome next monday night.

Reply #12084 | Report this post

ShutUp!!!  
Years ago

I think you will find that the Malaysian team is actually playing a number of the CABL sides over the next 2 weeks.

Have heard Sturt, Forestville, North & Southern mentioned.

Reply #12118 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:47 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754