Anonymous
Years ago

Who do the 6ers sign now?

We have signed Maher, Sutton and Davidson with Nash already contracted.....pretty much all guards to date. So who do we go after now(Aussies & Imports)???

Topic #10561 | Report this topic

MW  
Years ago

I don't know, what do you think?

Reply #121847 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Lock up Ballinger.

Reply #121849 | Report this post

Kenny Smyth  
Years ago

The 6ers should go after J. Beazley from the kings, his a big with good moves and was adjusting well to the Aussie game with each game he played.

Reply #121858 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Seemed to struggle a bit to me.

Reply #121864 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

about 8 more players would round out the squad.

Reply #121867 | Report this post

Rotate on this  
Years ago

Ballinger definitely !! and at 27 if he is to achieve staus of naturalization in the next few years and is a good fit he could be an excellent 5 year player IMO

Reply #121873 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

his name escapes me but the SA SF from the taipans if he is free would be a good back up or at least an improvement on nash.

Reply #121887 | Report this post

Big Kahuna  
Years ago

me pick me!

Reply #121890 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

I hope you are kidding about Beasley - the guy needs to stop eating cheese burgers ! He did not look in good shape at all. Im sure we could find a quality big without the weight and fitness issues.

Still bitterly disappointed that Horvarth wont be back. Any news on where he plans to play next year ? Isaac ? Anyone ?

Can he be naturalized next year due to his "wife" the Kiwi connection ?

Reply #121898 | Report this post

billups1  
Years ago

The bloke from cairns ur talkn bout Is Boodnikoff right? yerh i like his game to, did reasonable this year after coming back half way thogh the season after injuring his knee end of 05 i think. Used to play for west adelaide as a junior i think if me memory serves me correctly. Before he got injured last year he was averaging 15 pts a game and was in great form. id get him of the bench for us as well, wud be a gd startt if we want a deep bench.

Reply #121934 | Report this post

smitty12  
Years ago

to solve their BIGS problem...they need to sign...wait for it...THE GREAT KHALI from WWE. hahaha!!

Reply #121938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Recruit Pero Vasilecivic

Reply #121940 | Report this post

billups1  
Years ago

Id sign batista from wwe, POST UP BIG BOY!

Reply #121942 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

im sure there are some good 50 or 60 year olds kickin around

Reply #121943 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spadge considering the amount of posts of late surely the 36ers should jump aboard and sign their next player from the Western Magic right?

Reply #121947 | Report this post

fess  
Years ago

if we can get a good big man import could look at Khazzouh as a backup, started to put up some good numbers by the end of the season and is a young guy who is only going to get better

Reply #121948 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

re: Who do the 6ers sign now? (#121947)
Spadge considering the amount of posts of late surely the 36ers should jump aboard and sign their next player from the Western Magic right?

Anonymous, 28/02/07

couldnt do any worse than the team we had

Reply #121949 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do worse than who ? the sixers 06/07 or your magic team ?

Reply #121957 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Boodnikoff may be a free agent, I think, and I read a rumour on OzHoops that the Taipans might be open to letting him go?

Reply #121993 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go for Boodnikoff for sure if that is true

Reply #122003 | Report this post

Coach  
Years ago

Reply #122020 | Report this post

Coach  
Years ago

I think the sixers should lock up Trent Fiddes nice and early. Saw him play in pre-season tourney and reckon in a couple years time would defeinitely be an improvement on Brad Hill.
Sign him before we lose him.

Reply #122021 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I really think they need to have a good crack at Newley, or any other player who is from SA, eg. Boodnikoff. Players always have a soft spot for their home town and would be easier to convince to return. I think the three spot is the most important peice of the puzzle and it showed this year.
Play Newley at the 2/3 spot, if not go for a Boodnikoff or see how we fair with a Saville or someone like Clint Reed?
I just had a look at the free agents list and Boods is not on there so I guess he's off the shopping list.
If you can't get on of these blokes, go for an import in the three spot and try for a four man like Rush.

PG: Davidson/Sutton
SG: Maher/Hill
SF: Ere or Wells/Nash
PF: Ballinger/???
C: Cooper/Wheeler (if he plays)

To be honest i'm not a big fan of the Davidson signing. Yes he may bring a bit of grunt to the team, but as a point guard he averages only 3 assists per game and for someone who is meant to be good on D he averaged only 0.5 steals per game last season. You already have guards in Maher, Hill, Sutton and Ng basically signed, why go and sign another?

Reply #122023 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Fildes won't sign up as he is off to College.

Reply #122024 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boodnikoff has no 'home' feelings towards adelaide, has no family there, his parents were travelling around when he was born there, so count that out.

Taipans won't be letting him go, he signed a big $$ contract with them after the 05/06 season & he will come off the bench for them this season.

Reply #122036 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

6ers will be concentrating on their starting 5 and securing them first then filling in the back-ups after they see what they have to work with.

It will be a frenzy once the 2 weeks have gone after grand final...

Reply #122037 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

Panther...No Wheeler, please.

Reply #122042 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Jasmine can you clarify your comment as you can read it two ways. Are you saying please no more Wheeler or please, as if Wheeler won't play?

Reply #122046 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Liam Rush. He would be a massive upgrade on both Nash and Majstro. He's athletic and can knock down the 3 ball. Also, the 6 boards per he pulled this year stand out in his stats.

I too don't like the Davidson signing. I wouldn't have him at the point ahead of Maher, but it seems like that will happen. If Maher does start at the 2, a PG rotation of Davidson and Sutton doesn't exactly scream 'championship', does it?

Reply #122090 | Report this post

Rotate on this  
Years ago

Panther , Panther on the wall who contradicts themselves most of all .
You should be the first one to know that some grunt work , aggression and toughness may not show up on the stats sheet , whoops fouls do count.

If Davidson can give us 25 minutes of hard ball and ruffle a few of the opposing PG's ( most likely an import) feathers then he will be very serviceable . Plus he can drain a 3 and is a career 80% FT shooter .

Reply #122097 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trent Fildes
Shannon Seebohm
some local boys and then Luke Schescher and Pero Velicivic and maybe Ryan Kersten

Reply #122124 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

Yeah Boody is still signed. We MUST get Pero, dont care what Smyth has got against him. And Smitty, forget Khali what about Rey Mysterio :), or better yet, Finlay's little bastard lol.

Reply #122128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #195648 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:18 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754