Anonymous
Years ago

Newley talks...

Can anyone tell me if there is any truth to the rumour that Brad Newley has been having discussions with the Sixers??

Topic #10562 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes

Reply #121843 | Report this post

silly post topic  
Years ago

i think he has discussions with Matt Sutton from sixers as they are both play/played for Forrestville

Reply #121845 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

no....do any of these answers help?

Reply #121861 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ive already said 'yes'. that helps.

Reply #121865 | Report this post

poo  
Years ago

source?

Reply #121880 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

youre joking right??

Reply #121881 | Report this post

poo  
Years ago

Are you joking? Do you think Newley will be at the sixers next year?

Reply #121882 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

unsure but that wasnt the original question was it?

Reply #121886 | Report this post

poo  
Years ago

no it wasnt, your point?

Reply #121892 | Report this post

36ers fan  
Years ago

Nice running convo...I'd say its still speculation, but he cant possibly be too happy in Townsville, and talk (and that's all it is) is that Adelaide are making and offer.

Reply #121903 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Newley's decision will impact on the sixers import prospects for next year.

No Newley get Tucker, Newley in mean we get 2 new bigs ( Ballinger plus 1)

Reply #121913 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

With the 36ers line up, say we get Newley, who would people like to see start Davidson or Cooper.
i think our 2 options for the team are:

PG Davidson/Sutton
SG Maher/?? Hill or Ng
SF Newley/?? Majstro
PF Import (Ballinger)/ ??
C Import/Cooper

or

PG Import (Groves)/Davidson/Sutton
SG Maher/ ?? Hill or Ng
SF Newley/?? Majstro
PF import (Ballinger)/ ???
C Cooper/ ??? decent aussie big

or if they did go Tucker for the 2nd import you would start Newley and Maher as guards and Tucker at SF, but yea i personally would prefer having Cooper starting Centre and Davidson off the bench but still having both play 25-30 mpg, ideally you would have both off the bench, but that would mean signing a Aussie starting centre like a Moore, Melemeth or Schenscher type on top of 2 good imports and Newley and i dont know if that would be achievable.

Reply #121917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Newley will not play while Phil is coach.

Reply #121919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Newley will not play while Phil is coach.

Reply #121920 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if we have cooper starting as 5 man theres no point in even turning up for the games. cooper has no post game, hes got half decent d but when he comes up against a decent 5 man he will get killed in the post. he is purely a 4 man. i'd rather see horvath starting at the 5. cos to be honest we aint goin to have much to choose from. shenscher will not b playing nbl he will stay in the states or go to europe

Reply #121922 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

We'd better get Newley, if the other option is Tucker...thats self inflicted wounds right there!

Reply #121945 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

One question I have is, why would Newley play for Adelaide? There has been no evidence that he is unhappy at the Crocs.

Reply #121959 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sturty, family, girlfriend, friends?

Reply #121977 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Good point.

Reply #121992 | Report this post

JohnnySack  
Years ago

Hey - i thought he was going mid to late first round FOR SURE!!!

;)

Reply #122000 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

A good friend of mine was talking to Newley's father who said to him that there is no way Brad would play for the Sixers while Phil is coaching. To me it seems unlikely we will get him, but stranger things have happened. Maybe put together a decent team around him and it would be attractive. Maybe tell Brad and his father that Phil will only be there for one more year and he may come over, who knows! It would be great to see him back in Adelaide permanently though!

Reply #122007 | Report this post

Skudpud  
Years ago

Yeh my dad knows all about my life aswell.Right, If it comes from Newley I'll believe it until then anythings up for grabs

Reply #122113 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Newley will be playing NBA!!

Reply #122131 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:31 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754