Sep ??

Oct Woodville ??

Nov ??

Dec St clair junior and senior

can anyone fill in the blanks please

Topic #10567 | Report this topic

wnbl tragic  
Years ago

oct - woodville - you still must have magic johnson posters on your wall as well

long gone

Reply #121958 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Easter (April) used to be the Norwood Carnival, I think.

Reply #121962 | Report this post

wnbl tragic  
Years ago

it is a good point basket SA - should have a carnival menu on their home page - where all tournaments can be focussed / approved with a one stop shop.

Reply #121963 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

carnival are great especially when u have to travel i used to love pirie

so if anyone knows of any country carnis as well

Reply #121964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West Adelaide have one in the July Holidays. Sounds familiar, ohh thats right Southern don't run that anymore.

Reply #121972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully West don't come on here bagging teams that enter their carnival like Southern did!!

GREAT way to induce teams to give you their money....

Reply #121975 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Arafura Games 12 - 19 May, Darwin

Reply #121978 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

Has anyone here been to the Tanunda Senior Carnival before? Is it any good? Do they get a reasonable amount of nominations and what standard is the competition? (Div 3, 4?)

Reply #121991 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

theres only 1 and 2 at tununda but its like social and probably div 3 and 4 standard in the top div it a really good carni

Reply #122001 | Report this post

Spadge - did you even try to look?

SA Country website has a button on the primary menu (top left) called calendar. If you hit that, it takes you to a calendar of all the SA Country carnivals for the next little while.

WNBL tragic - they do. It's the same set-up as all basketball websites, but it just isn't updated with all carnivals, like the Country site is.

Reply #122016 | Report this post

Reply #122018 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

thanks just never knew where to look

Reply #122034 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

re: Carnival Dates (#121978)
Arafura Games 12 - 19 May, Darwin

FM, 01/03/07

how strong is that carni

Reply #122035 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Tanunda's actually aimed at div 2/3, and top grade teams are allowed to add one div 1 player ...

Reply #122114 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

You talking about Seniors Melvin?

Reply #122135 | Report this post

JFL  
Years ago

That carnival at West in July is Div 2 and below I believe - they used to run one years ago, so good to seem them getting it going again

Reply #122136 | Report this post

spadge  
Years ago

carnivals are the best a whole weekend of playin ball havin a few beers and havin lower grade players playing high grade players and having good contests i love it

Reply #122161 | Report this post

the general  
Years ago

The carnivals page only blank links or 1 senior carnival a year and that is June long weekend at Tanunda. I remember the days gone by where teams from all over Aust went to Broken Hill or Murray Bridge in Oct long weekend, Port Pirie in Feb, Mt Gambier over easter, Tanunda in June. Now senior carnivals are scarce. Sure there are plenty for Juniors but where are the carnivals for social/district MEN and WOMEN's teams held.There are more masters events then normal seniors carnivals .
SA Basketball is becoming farcical - SA Country Basketball Assoc now seem to only cater for country teams.
Are there any basketball organisations out there ready to step up and host any senioras carnivals because if it is advertised properly I can guarantee teams will come.

Reply #165216 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:23 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754