booga
Years ago

Locked: Magic do it again!

at an u12 girls game today magic were playing an u14 player.when will this club stop drawing heat on them selves by actually playing by the rules? spadge how are u going to defend your club on this one?

Topic #10598 | Report this topic

cruella  
Years ago

While you're at it Spadge, I'm still waiting on the answer regarding the coaches passes. Your club urgently needs some credibility.

Reply #122321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i hear it's more than one player! Apparently 2 woodville girls from U/14s were playing under 12s today for magic. Way to leave a club that's already short for numbers to join magic just so your kids can have an easy way out. Very...very selfish

Reply #122325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty quick to talk them selves up but slow to explain if this was a mistake or blatant cheating again. Shame magic shame.

Reply #122348 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Come-on Spadge find out and get back to us!

Reply #122349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't really know how it could have been a mistake - both girls cleared from Woodville - one a current under 12 and the other a current under 14 - Rules are rules

Reply #122350 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who are Magic ??

Reply #122359 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this is really getting boring

Reply #122363 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

boring because it is another thing added to the list against magic when is bsa going to do something about this social club!

Reply #122380 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Very quiet Spadge come'on give us the goods on this! Confirm or Deny!

Reply #122397 | Report this post

Guilty  
Years ago

By your lack of reponse I would say "guilty as charged"

Reply #122446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let it go Booga and move on. The more you talk about that club the more they like it, let it go.

Reply #122451 | Report this post

spadge  
Years ago

i have no idea what happened in the u12 girls i coach 16 boys and the men sorry maybe let the investigating get done by bsa and if it did happen ur clubs r squeaky clean aye never done anything like that b4

Reply #122462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spadge, that dark alley is looking good.....

Reply #122465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who the hell cares?

It's U12 girls FFS.

Reply #122497 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd say every other team who are playing legitimate Under 12s cares...

Reply #122512 | Report this post

Concerned Parent  
Years ago

I read with interest the comments by a number of people on this forum who seem to have a lot to say about various topics and have clearly NOT read the terms of use.

For the record I have children who play for Magic and cannot fault the club, having come from another District club. I won't mention the club as don't want to put myself in the same category as others who post 'club bashing' comments.

I would hope the comments made by these people do not represent the attitudes of their clubs.

What concerns me is that comments seem to appear in relation to certain topics in a very short space of time after the event. It appears they are comming from some one who may have some official capacity with a club to be logging them so quickly.

I am interested to know where Mr BOOGA, or Ms, which ever the case may be, fits in, as they seem to have an opinion on everything. Either they are just spreading ill-informed rumour and gossip, or deliberatly spreading mis-information.

Are you a club official or an umpire perhaps?

I suspect you do hold an official position somewhere as I am aware of some of the issues you make vague references to.

It is clear you perhaps know more then you let on, but deliberatly choose to avoid telling the truth.

What are you worried about? Official sanctions through your club, or BASA perhaps?

Some of you make reference to the problems with attracting players, and then go on to make personal attacks on clubs and their members. As a web site, any potential new player reading any of this bickering, (because the terms say you can't make sniping comments), are likely to be put off.

To the WEB master of this site, I would have thought you would have a responsibility to vet all comments BEFORE the appear, because there are clearly comments and topics being discussed that do not comply with the terms of use, and are totally inapropriate.

As parents we should be striving to ensure our kids enjoy the game and stay with the sport and hopefully go on in the future and become coaches or umpires and encourage other kids to become part of the sport. Part of the game is 'healthy' rivally between clubs, not this bulls**t politics being promoted here.

Some comments are constructive, other, sadly are not.

Reply #122551 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

please state which ill-infromed information or mis -information you are on about and i'll clear the matter up for u.
if u don't know who i am then thats your problem as most people who are regulars on here do.
as to avoid telling the truth state the matter and i will clearly give u my opinion as i always do

Reply #122560 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

1,200 posts a week. Why would I have a responsibility for what others choose to post - shouldn't they? If I reviewed and approved every comment, it could be suggested that I have legally endorsed them - given the quantity and my knowledge of the law, that is not viable.

I can retrospectively delete blatantly offensive content, but this is South Australian basketball and the bitching between clubs and individuals will carry on long after I'm gone.

Reply #122563 | Report this post

Vader  
Years ago

Concerned parent,

Most people around basketbal in the know will be able to be agree with Booga regarding the history of the Western Magic.

And yes they did play an inelligable player in U12 girls this week.

Reply #122569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Concerned parent , was it your kids who played in age groups they shouldn't have?

Reply #122571 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

and u also join in on the magic bashing. but do it in a way thas not so well noticed

but i agree theres far too much magic bashing on this site

booga people know who u r but ur not worth worrying about

Reply #122572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Neither are you spadge

Reply #122576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

these guys are a great advertisment as to why you wouldn't allow your children to play for the magic...

Reply #122589 | Report this post

Concerned Parent  
Years ago

Well I got the responses I knew I would, and all missed the point.

The sport needs to be promoted in a positive light. not with this petty bickering.

in response, No, my child wasn't involved.

Booga, if you need me to point out things to you, the accuracy of your comments must come into question.

Isaac, simply, your site, your responsibility. By allowing comments that do not comply with YOUR Terms of Use, then you are endorsing the sledging and club bashing. In legal terms, you are knowingly allowing the items to be posted. But this will only become a problem if someone takes any form of legal action as a result of comments posted. Just some food for thought.

Reply #122592 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

How have I knowingly allowed specific comments to be posted? The site is an application, not a person. I don't read everything.

Not checking posts protects my legal position. Legal action in the States has recently confirmed that the target of proceedings is the author of a post, not the host of it.

If there is a specific post that concerns you, as per the terms of use, notify me. It's not black and white and easy to police.

I have locked multiple Western Magic threads and they keep popping up. Short of forbidding future discussion about the club (and copping crap for it) or flooding all of local basketball to kill off all the arguing factions, there aren't easy, clean-cut solutions.

Reply #122603 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

i think you got too much time on your hands and need to get off Isaac's back, don't see you doing anything much better. If you are so concerned, do something constructive that will make a difference instead of just posting yet another comment.
sick of parents coming on here and in person acting all high and mighty thinking their sh*t don't stink. get over yourselves.

Reply #122604 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't mind the comments, I'd just rather it be a little more useful and/or specific, or understanding of the situation. If you delete too much, you cop it; if you don't delete enough, you cop it.

How about, for once, those posting the trash take responsibility for their postings?

Reply #122608 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

when u have ago at what i say and i ask u to be more specific back (lets be honest magic seem to do alot of stuff that allows me to throw mud there way with out trying) so i know excatly what your on about and you cant says alot more about your ramblings then mine. i'm willing to put my knowledge of situations on the line are you?

Reply #122614 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

spadge please state where i said i'm worth worrying about, i only stated most people know who i am and for the ones that know me personally know what i'm like know that i couldn't give a rats arse what people think i say what i want when i wont and if it gets deleted by issac or any other mod. then stiff the rest you have to deal with.the one thing i do is stand by what i say good or bad

Reply #122615 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and the point of it all is, how does a club continue to make 'age related ' mistakes?
It is not acceptable to play older kids in teams they're not eligible for and I'm sure BSA will folow it up.
Any club, I repeat, any club that continues to make these 'honest mistakes' should lose the right to field teams in the age group concerned.

Reply #122620 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

well everyone would know who u were if Isaac hadn't taken it off my last post.

which by the way is a double standard because my name was allowed to be posted on here
and that person wasnt sent an email warning them they'll be booted if they do that again

i'm sick of anyone who says soemthing in favour of magic being jumped on and nothing done about it even when the thread has nothing to do with magic i comes back to that some how and its allowed to happen but i name some one then i get warned while people are consantly SNIPING at our club i think there needs to be a reveiw of whats happening

Reply #122635 | Report this post

Booga, you seem to have nothing else to fill your life than to worry about what magic are doing. For god's sake, get a life.

Reply #122640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Both concerned parents maybe you should get a life and realise magic is trouble.

Reply #122643 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

instead of bitch about our club try teaching ur kids some skills so they can beat us

its been 2 yrs fro christ sake get over it

Reply #122646 | Report this post

Should we, why would we do that when our kids are having a great time playing basketball. Isn't that ultimately what it is all about?

Reply #122647 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

booga will disagree we need to teach kids like robots and they cant have fun because the regiment system is the best

Reply #122650 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Spadge, you didn't alert me to your name being revealed - how am I supposed to know?

If you can't see why you are part of the problem for the Magic and not the solution, then there is no hope for you.

Reply #122653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac, why aren't you giving booga the same treatment as spadge? All spadge has done is stick up for his club whereas booga is constantly degrading it. Pathetic.

Reply #122655 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

well u inform me of what our problems are and how i am part of the problem

Reply #122656 | Report this post

Conerned Parent.  
Years ago

Well Isaac, you have certainly shown your true colors with your comment to 'Spadge'.

So much for impartiality, you are obviously just as ill-informed and prejudiced towards Magic as the others.

As I said in my first entry, we moved to Magic and have found the club to be fantastic.

To the fools hiding behind the veil of annonimity, who do nothing but bag this club, you are poor soles who need to get lives.

I only came on her to see first hand the drivel being written.

This is my last entry, because I will be enjoying the life you seem to lack. So go your hardest with your replies, because I won't be reading them.

Reply #122658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Booga,let's talk about loyalty shall we? Centrals coach, then woodville coach, then norwood coach, then centrals coach, then woodville again. Secretly you just want to coach at magic. Pity we don't want you.

Reply #122659 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

oh some ones a disloyal club sl_t aye

Reply #122660 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes and they wear a uniform with magic on it.

Reply #122662 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I was notified of Booga's name being revealed by someone else. So I removed it and warned the person who had posted it.

I have yet to be pointed to the apparent revealing of Spadge's name.

Booga has been contacted about his posts also. Spadge was warned for revealing Booga's name. Fair.

I'm following this from afar and it seems that the original topic raised a valid question about older children playing in a younger grade. There has been no explanation for it as far as I can see.

Why would I be biased given that I have no club affiliation, have no children playing in the competition, have no friends playing for any of the clubs at junior level, etc.

Reply #122666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is magic ?

Reply #122670 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

So who are ur friends at senior level???

Reply #122674 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Spadge - right above you is a question asking about the Magic. Maybe answer that instead of getting caught up in a side issue.

I follow the progress of senior players from most clubs. The Magic don't have a senior team so I don't see how that's relevant.

Reply #122677 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

ur obviously talking div 1 coz we do have a mens team

Reply #122678 | Report this post

Spadge - I am not from your Club or Booga's but I have this comment to make - you seem to start threads hoping for someone to bite - you add fuel to the fire by the way you comment on certain issues. It appears that you do not have employment or that you sleep at night - I think you are addicted to this site and you enjoy the banter - problem is that you are quick to judge other teams but not your own - when the hard questions are asked you go quiet or start a topic on something else - as you know that people who read this site are looking for your name as you are quite the Stirrer.

Reply #122680 | Report this post

Jimmy_The_Snitch  
Years ago

Magic = Joke

Centrals = not much better.

Both clubs will fold because they have a joke of an administration and will be gone with in 2 year, so who cares really.

Seeya, wouldn't want to be ya.

Reply #122681 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ok so i gather that Magic are Centrals ?

Excuse my ignorance.

Reply #122683 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Spadge, I follow the ABL. Don't really have an interest in levels below that.

Let's wrap this thread up - if there is an explanation for an U14 playing for an U12 side, post it. If not, let's lock this and talk about something that people want to read.

Reply #122684 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

(#122680) im no different from most people here if i wasnt a magic supporter u'd have no problem with me but seeing as i am i'm an easy target

Reply #122685 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

"Ok so i gather that Magic are Centrals ?"

no magic are a new non member district club we have nothing to do with centrals

(Mod: Please show care when copying and pasting and making a post. As it says next to the submit button: "Please proof-read your post before submitting as you will not be able to edit it afterwards.")

Reply #122693 | Report this post

kdog  
Years ago

55 posts on this topic...what a farce hahaha

Reply #122698 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jimmy, you are clearly an uneducated, fat, tv watching, blemish on our planet.

Get a clue, get a life and loose some weight!

Some Jimmy quotes:

"Jimmy shoot's, Jimmy scores.....fishing is fun. "

Promoting Navy Seals:
"Adelaide Navy Seals = Bull Matadors (#10375)"

In regards to women wearing bodysuits:

"Yes - Less is best.

That's why beach volleyball rocks. "

"By me sitting on my arse at Sixers game is doing Ten, no Twenty time more for basketball in this state than your half arse attempt at coaching. "

Reply #122702 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would some one from Magic please explain how the error occurred in which a player played in a year level that player was not entitled to play in ? Silence? lock it!

Reply #122712 | Report this post

Vadersmate  
Years ago

Booga, keep on fighting the fight. There are an awful lot of people that have the same views as you on the Magic. dont give up.

IMO Magic brings nothing to the comp in any grade.

Spadge. If I was an official from your "social" club, your tickets for a free present, lollys and ice cream at your next Xmas show would be revoked.

Reply #122720 | Report this post

Jimmy_The_Snitch  
Years ago

Yep  you are on the money again with that cutting edge insult. Let me guess, you have taken offence because you either play or coach for the Magic or Centrals Districts basketball club so if that is the case no one outside of your clubs gives a dam what your clubs says or things. You can insult me all you like it isn't going to change the fact your club stinks, I know the CDBC and Magic are a joke and blight on SA basketball and so does the basketball community of SA; you just have to wake u to this fact. .

Thanks for calling me fat and unedukated

Reply #122724 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jimmy, my point was that you have to wake up to the fact that you personally have no credibility. I wasnt trying to attack or defend any club.

This was not about these clubs its about the useless waste of space of a man you are.

Reply #122726 | Report this post

business arising  
Years ago

The fact is that ISAAC - under SA law you do hold part responsibility for anything on this site - check your information again with both the police, Office of fair trading and the new defamation laws. Unfair but true.

Reply #122728 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Legally untested in Australia. In the US, the publisher/host has been found to be safe - the legal responsibility falls to the person making the comment.

By all means, if there is something legally questionable on the site, notify me. People do it every day. Posts get removed all the time.

But my legal position is improved given that posts are not reviewed before they are published. Take that away, and I wouldn't risk running a forum.

And posting anonymously doesn't protect you. You can be found out. ISPs can trace your IP easily and you'll have police on your doorstep.

Reply #122730 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(#122728)business arising; are you for real? If you do not agree with what is being posted on this site, then stop being a party to it. Are you going to trott out the old "duty of care " crap that is soooo over used these days?

MAGIC, for your own sake, put a muzzle on SPADGE or continue to be ridiculed on this site.

SPADGE, the discription of you posted on yet another locked magic thread does not fit your whiney, whingey "we are the best" on line persona. You post like you are a 10 year old kid.

Isaac, if you locked this thread would that make for some sort of record for the amount of threads directed at one club locked within 3 weeks?

Reply #122731 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yes and we'd come close to replicating a scenario in the past where all discussion of the Woodville Warriors was forbidden for a period.

Reply #122732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So if it has been legally untested Isaac, why did you put a ban on mention of the previous CEO and remove everything on here that has been written about him? I think it very arrogant of you to think that way. What happened to the theory of no sniping and put downs of people and clubs? I guess if you didn't let it go then the interest in this forum would be minimal.

Reply #122733 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also how do people get protected of slander and defamation by people at internet cafes?

Reply #122736 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Please put a filter on the site in like the old CEO one for Magic.....

If something on this site is to be investigated then I'd believe Isaac would be safe from any prosecution on the provision that he assisted with the identification of the alleged offender. If not there are always warrants ;)

Reply #122738 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Yaawn!!!!!!!!

Come on people - lets forget all this off topic crap and get this forum back where it was say 6 months ago - ie a great site to discuss many varied basketball topics ranging from NBA and international down to local games and everything in between

I have noticed that a lot of "regular" posters have not been as active in recent months and as a result the quality of posts has slipped markedly! (or are they not as active because the site is being dominated by immature and boring posts) There has been way too much sniping and crap posted from numerous people who appear to be looking for a reaction and to get caught up in some sort of online pissing contest!

Lets give Isaac a break so he can actually get some work done without having to worry about the potential implications from what some immature people are posting on HIS site - which he provides and maintains for all of us that use it for free! This forum is rather unique in that it is relatively moederator free and very open so lets not abuse it and get back to discussing basketball in a more mature and intelligent way!

Reply #122739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spadge, since you have so much time to post the crap you do on here, how about you go make your own little Magic site so you and all your little Magic buddies can talk about how no one is taking you seriously as a club and that its ok to cheat the rules because after all this Magic do not have a senior club license and therefore are a third grade social team.

You have to understand that no one here who is involved with a member club at a div 1 or 2 level will give a sh!t.

How about instead of wasting Isaac's time who 99% of people here are very thankful for, Take Concerned Parent and whinge and bitch and cry about how hard done by you are.

Isaac, can you lock this thread and ban all Magic talk as its just a waste of time. Or if your not willing to do that how about the rest of us who has no involvement/interest in what the Magic are doing go on a silent strike and let Spadge break the record for the most stupid posts in a week.

Reply #122740 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

I'm guessing the majority of us are adults - censor yourselves - it just seems to back and forth snipes around here - how quickly you can cut one another down - don't blame Isaac coz of the thin vail of amonitmity we all think we enjoy.

Reply #122741 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Conversation regarding the former C.E.O was blocked to appease legal threats. I might be confident that I could survive a lawsuit, but that doesn't mean I want to waste time and money in court regardless.

I don't have time to police all the sniping and put downs. If you are a reliable forum identity that wants to become a moderator and help out, stick your hand up.

Other than that, I hope that everyone just takes responsibility for their own postings. It says a lot about district basketball in this state that many don't.

Reply #122745 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

Statman ....couldn't agree more.

Sick of the low level of discusion at the moment.

The only answer is to not post, until real topics are on the table!!

Reply #122750 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

well i dunno what happened in the u12 girls game and honestly i dont care i have enough on my plate.

if there was a complaint made to BSA i'm sure they will chase it up and dish out the appropriate punishment

so if you've all finished club bashing magic we can lock this thread

Reply #122752 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How can you not care spadge, it's your club, it's reputation is already shadey.

Reply #122755 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

issac would i be classed as a "reliable forum identity" because i will be a mod. if you need.

Reply #122756 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

oh god no then the site will go to sh*t

Reply #122757 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

when all other clubs can say they've never broken rules b4 or had someone say they have then i might care but till then this is just bitching and snipping and if you all like i'll see what i can dig up about other clubs and snipe at them.

seems like thats all this site is good for at the moment

Reply #122758 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spadge,

Been involved for 25 years. Can't rememeber when a club was caught playing over age players in juniors.

Reply #122760 | Report this post

Spadge  
Years ago

well then that settles it Anonymous i'm glad u put ur inupt in.

get a grip mate i've played a final where a well known club played a div 2 under u18 in a u16 div 3 game so please maybe the 1 or 2 games a week u go to it hasnt happened but i know it has long b4 magic was even thought of

not that in condoning it just saying rock and glass houses

Reply #122764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about the 6ers playing Copes this year???

in 1990 I reckon I was in an u12 Div 1 game where some guy from overseas was thought to be overaged but there was no birth certificate to prove it. mmmm since then, nup haven't heard of it.

Reply #122765 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Booga, you're not reliable!

Spadge, will happily lock it!

Reply #122766 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sorry people, I think Spadge is a huge laugh, and cant wait for more

Ooooh my sides are aching!

Reply #122768 | Report this post

Thread locked

This thread has been locked and replies are not permitted.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:31 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754