Johno
Years ago

Any news on hawks coach

I'm just wondering does any one have any news on when the new hawks coach is going to be made.

Topic #10672 | Report this topic

DrB  
Years ago

I have heard, that they are only offering around 70k . That Palmer has not even applied. I really do not believe a word that comes out of the club officials since the joyce fiasco. They club management have lost creditbility from me when they tried to say the NBL was making a complaint about Joyce and then the NBL said that was not the case. They hawks also need new people at the club, ie new owners, ceo. But overall i hear not many coaches want to work with the senior club officals, they are fearful of what happened with joyce.

Reply #123513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I believe Stacker is the front runner for the job.

Reply #123516 | Report this post

DrB  
Years ago

i heard that too, however i think money is the issue, hence the delay. I mean seriously the applications closed around 19th last month. But hey there is also talks the hawks wont be around in a year or two. who ever gets the job is going to be in for a tough season (cellar dwellars).

4 players are apparently off to the Gold Coast.

1 here to adelaide!

The Hawks are stuffed!

Reply #123517 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Maybe WSR might get off the bottom of the ladder!

Reply #123524 | Report this post

DrB  
Years ago

i think the definately will be off the bottom. Hawks will be in last place!

Reply #123526 | Report this post

DrB  
Years ago

i hope they all suffer in thier jocks in the gong, i really think a lot of the BHP minning polluted the air and created a deformed back of animals! that is a wollongong hawks fan! they have no idea about basketball there. Watched a game once, all the crowd did was sing and talk to the person next to them. They hardely watched the game!

Reply #123527 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Maybe they were playing West Sydney, Id look for anything else to do too!!

Reply #123540 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The 1 player to Adelaide you're referring to is Ballinger?

I'd love to see him here but I don't have any confidence in Sixers recruiting!

I'd believe it when it happens

Reply #123558 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The rumour from OzHoops is Stacker at the Hawks, and Beveridge to coach the Pigs.

I said it in another thread and had some skeptics - the Hawks will be screwed next year.

Not nailing down a coach quickly is a massive mistake.

Reply #123578 | Report this post

Timothy B.  
Years ago

If money is a problem they could always get Richard Castle!

Reply #123713 | Report this post

Johno  
Years ago

I hearld today or tomorrow might be the day for the new hawks coach.

Reply #123727 | Report this post

DrB  
Years ago

doesnt matter who the coach is the hawks are gone for some seasons. they do not have the cash and apparently the last 2 seasons have only run on 68% of the salary cap!

Reply #123738 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

How did this end up in the School section?

Reply #125364 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:33 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754