Sturty6ers
Years ago

NBL GF Game 4

Just got home and turn on the TV. Start of the 3rd Brisbane are up 57 - 54.

Topic #10673 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

And....??

Reply #123531 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Bullets have won the 2007 Grandfinal!

Welldone Brisbane. It was worth your money!

97-92 Bullets win

Reply #123533 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Think Casey was waiting all year to say 'BRISNEYLAND'...anyone playing Kent's drinking game, should down some hard liquor for that one! W$E$L$L D$O$N$E Brisbane. Oh and love the way CJ goes in and out of a US accent haha

Reply #123534 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

So guess Joey Wright gets to keep his job! Money can buy a Cinderella story too, the MVP, ridiculous winning streak, and now the title. Without sounding too bitter, its got to be slightly hollow, as they blatantly cheated the salary cap system!

Reply #123537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Congrats D Rych.

Reply #123539 | Report this post

Years ago

94-103 final score

Reply #123542 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Awesome to see/hear the Tiger supporters still cheering there team during presentations. Good for the league, to have that kind of core support.

Reply #123543 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Im with you Kobe 24

funny how Black gets called for 1 foul in Brisbane in game 3, and 4 fouls tonight in Melbourne

The Refs have been poor this series

The question i ask is

should Corletto have started in game 4?

His outside shooting in the 4th ..got them back in the game

Reply #123544 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Terrible coaching leaving Tucker, DMac, Anstey off the court for extended periods during the game.

The 2nd time he did it at the end of the 3rd cost Melb any chance of making it a game.

Reply #123545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kobe24,
Does that mean our Championships in 98 and 98/99 are slightly hollow as well?

Reply #123546 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

HAHA, Nino you beat me to both those observations. That Brisneyland call was so forced it actually made me laugh. (at you Casey, not with) and Bruton sounds stupid with his double accent. Does anoyone know if that is that natural or does he deliberately try and sound American?

I also agree with Kobe24... apart from waking up and feeling hung over tomorrow, the championship would have to feel a little hollow. You think they would justify it by saying that Melbourne were salary cap cheats as well?

Reply #123547 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Congratulations to Joey Wright as well as "Friends of the program" for doing such a great job this year :P

Reply #123549 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Anon, I'm actually too sure of the 6ers or any other teams salry cap issue now or in the past. But know Adelaide has been fined before. Seems every man and his dog knows this Bullets, is THE highest paid ever though of any NBL team. Ere is on like $300k alone! So I stand by my opinion.

Reply #123550 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I think it was a great final series, with the two best NBL teams playing.

And anyone playing the Casey drinking game shouldn't be coming too until this after noon. Bloody Brisneyland, how stupid.

Reply #123564 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

IMO Sam Mac didn't deserve the MVP - I think CJ or even Black were more deserving.

Reply #123571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice one Dusty. Glad you finally got to play for a real team!

Reply #123576 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Can someone please direct me to the book that states that Ere is on $300K and a factual breakdown of the cost of this team. I don't deny that Brisbane are over the salary cap but to actually state figures, it must be written somewhere. I would like to confirm this. They won the grand final against a team that also supposedly cheats the salary cap. They beat a team in the semi's that have had the most complaints in the past about cheating the cap. That made the competition more even. As for the Tiger's fans, I take my hat off to them for their behaviour in defeat. Many of those who stayed behind for the presentations were admirable and showed sportsmanship and true passion for the sport. I even got congrats from some around me who were aware I was supporting the Bullets.

Reply #123586 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

You want the books that incriminate the Brisbane Bullets salary cap? C'mon EC. The NBL have said that they struggle to police the cap, but they wouldn't be taken that much for a fool! Whats written in the books is different to what the players receive, hence its under the table money. That would go for certain players, on every team in the league Id imagine. But enough people from different circles, have said he is, and thats enough for me to believe it.

Reply #123591 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

every team in the league is over the cap the cap is pathetic

Reply #123643 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Anyone playing Kent's drinking game would have been smashed if they had "x is leading them a merry dance"!

Reply #123664 | Report this post

h0bb1t  
Years ago

'Sam Mac didn't deserve the MVP - I think CJ or even Black were more deserving.'

??wasnt it MVP for all 4 games? then definatly he deserved it... i thought he was very consistant in all 4 games yadda yadda... then again... i don't really give a damn! hahaha great close games tho! awsome final series :o)

Reply #123726 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:01 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754