Isaac
Years ago

Yao is back

Looks like Yao Ming has recovered well from his injury, today going up against the Orlando Magic and walking away with a win and 37 points, seven boards and four blocks in 36 minutes.

In three warm up games in which he never played more than 30 minutes, Yao had 16 and 11, 11 and 5 (19 minutes) and 24 and 13.

He is averaging 25 PPG and 9.5 RPG this season.

Could his form make the Rockets a legitimate post-season threat?

ESPN's John Hollinger thinks Yao is a chance of breaking the Top Ten Centres of All Time list (recently discussed on Hoops).

If he stays healthy, I think it's inevitable - the bottom end of that all-time list, as Hollinger notes, is a bit "soft".

Topic #10698 | Report this topic

Andrew  
Years ago

I don't think you could ever call any part of that list "soft", but certainly there is a difference between the likes of Kareem, Wilt and Bill Russell compared to Pat Ewing, David Robinson and Bill Walton.

Reply #123759 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

YAO IS BACK! Scary to think he is THAT good, that after 1 great game, Houston become automatic top 4 contenders in the entire league IMO. Dallas, Phoenix, Houston and San Antonio.

Thing Yao has going for him, is that he is such a huge physical presence, but he also has his head on straight. Doesn't get involved in the hype of the 'NBA lifestyle'... Expect the Rockets to go very deep.

Reply #123761 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

He still does live with his mother. That's the only aspect of Yao I'm not a fan of. Get a house and bring the cheerleaders back to your house Yao!

Reply #123771 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Ultimate mummy's boy! At least one of the tallest. I think the groupie cheerleaders would take a pay cut and go with any other Rocket besides the 'The Sex-MINGster'.

Reply #123776 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Kobe24, with that being the top 4 contenders does it make it somewhat stupid having the conferences or the finals format the way it is?

Ie 5th best will make the big dance.

Reply #123801 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

No the system the NBA has is great. I'm not saying that is the way the teams will finish at the end of the season. IMO if a Houston for example were to finish 6th, AT THIS TIME, they would still be playing like a top 4 team. Purely because of Yao being back and fit. Hard to stop Yao and TMAC 4 times. Hence the upsets. With Yao back, Houston could win from any position in the West.

Reply #123852 | Report this post

Hmm they wont be going anywhere if they play like they did today against the mighty PHOENIX

Reply #123968 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:36 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754