Isaac
Years ago

Barlow headed to the Tigers

Rumours firming that David Barlow will be snatched from the Sydney Kings by the Melbourne Tigers.

Sounds like he'll be replacing either Rashad Tucker (gives the Tigers a spare import spot) or Stephen Hoare (who's fielding offers from elsewhere).

Barlow averaged 15.6 PPG (45% FG, 48% 3P, 80% FT) over 14 games in a season impacted by injury and is one of the top young prospects in the NBL at 23 years of age.

Topic #10699 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stephen Hoare.........weren't the sixers going to go after him?

Reply #123757 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

A couple of years ago I think.

Reply #123760 | Report this post

DrB  
Years ago

r u sure about this, i have heard the dragons and the GC team

Reply #123765 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The info seems solid.

Reply #123767 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't most 'Rumours' seem solid only to be totally untrue,
:re most of the crap that was said about ingles and why he left when his main reason was he wanted to play for a new team, a place where he could write its history not read about it.

The rumour could be true but how many rumours posted on websites actually eventuate.

Reply #123768 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Anon..your not Tucker? In denial are you? I trust Isaac, not the type to say something without good knowledge. Not sure if Barlow will ever be as explosive as he was before his injury though. But has to be a better option that Tucker for Tigers!!

Reply #123769 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If he is his former self post-injury, it's a great signing. If he continues his season to season improvement, could well be one of the NBL's single best players in a very short time, and someone you can build a team around for a long, long time. HUGE loss for the Kings, even if they successfully draft in Saville to replace him (as goes the rest of the rumour).

Reply #123770 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

guess that means barlow wont be a boomers any more

Reply #123773 | Report this post

DrB  
Years ago

very interesting it would be could to see Barlow player rating!

Reply #123774 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I would think Tucker is gone from Tigers and whilst I'm sure they will want to retain Hoare, there is only so many years he can want to come of the bench underpaid surely its time for him to cash in and move on?

Unless Stiffy retires/moves on than the Tigers will REALLY wanna keep Hoare.

Reply #123799 | Report this post

Rotate on this  
Years ago

Apparently tigers were gunning hard for Newley and Barlow .
FWIK Brad was deciding between the sixers and tigers .
Whether the tigers signing of barlow will influence him either way i am not sure .
I think it is fair to say Tucker is gone and my tip is if the sixers get it right this next week with newley he will sign with the club .

Reply #123837 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

DrB, Surely Barlow would have to be a 10, current Australian Player.

Reply #123840 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you will find Pat Mills in the red and yellow too.....

Reply #123859 | Report this post

DrB  
Years ago

thats what i am saying, there is no way melbourne would be able to have him with the points system.

Reply #123865 | Report this post

Anon2  
Years ago

Isaac is spot on. It's a done deal. You'll find he has signed for 3 seasons as a direct replacement for Rashad Tucker. They will play with one import next season, and go back to 2 when D-Mac retires.

Barlow to Tigers is the worst kept secret in the league - Kings are looking closely at Saville and even Newley, if you can believe that rumour.

Reply #123866 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Pat Mills is going to play college . AFAIK

Reply #123897 | Report this post

smitty12  
Years ago

if pat mills doesnt pass the SAT test for college in his next couple attempts, then he'll be a Dragon!!

Reply #124013 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

its either Tigers or Dragons for Patty if the SAT is a failure....

If he is a Dragon, would that mean Heal retires? Cause he is quoted on saying, "If a great Aussie point guard came along, I'd step aside and coach full-time."

Patty as a Tiger would probably all but end D-Mac's minutes, like to have D-Mac as a back-up though.

Big question is doesnt Adelaide need a PG????

Reply #124032 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Mills would play back-up to either of those vets for a year and then take over.

Adelaide need talent, but a PG is the one thing they can get by without - Davidson, Sutton, Maher.

Reply #124036 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:30 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754