DICKO
Years ago

Herald Sun report - 6ers Chasing Tucker

Sixers are reportedly chasing Rashad Tucker.

That would make an awesome lineup, assuming all their targets end up playing.

Maher, Newley, Tucker, Ballinger, Schenser

Topic #10746 | Report this topic

philnaldo  
Years ago

What the probability of him signing?I'd assume he has a few other offers

Reply #124540 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

my mail is it is the other way around as RT is not happy with the way he has been treated by McPeake

Reply #124541 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is there a link for this story?

Reply #124544 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I was of the understanding that McPeake wasn't all that interested in keeping Tucker.

Reply #124546 | Report this post

philnaldo  
Years ago

Sounds like we are in the mix for a number of players which at least shows that we are a legitimate player in the free-agent market which is good , hopefully some of the aforementioned names come to fruition.

Reply #124547 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Are people forgetting how bad a player Rashard Tucker is? He cant make a jump shot, turnover prone, and cant draw a decent double team in the post. Id be really upset if the 6ers signed him. Could do a lot better, and the chance of getting Big Luke, is practically a zero. So all the more reason to obtain a key SF. Look whilst your in the USA PHIL!!!

Reply #124552 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

I don't think Tucker sucks but I think we use that import spot better.

Here is the herald Sun link: http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21389232-10914,00.html.

All its says is about Tucker is: "The Tigers are trying to re-sign free agents Stephen Hoare and Rashad Tucker, but there is speculation Tucker may be heading to the Adelaide 36ers. "

Reply #124553 | Report this post

Rotate on this  
Years ago

Melbourne do not wan't him , hence their attacking moves with Barlow and Newley .
I am sure rashad was not happy with this scenario and felt a tad undervalued as opposed to his overwhelming opinion of himself .
No doubt he can play but IMO he would want to shoot above 60% from the line , his intangibles could be a nice asset to compliment the line up we have .
Fence me on this one .
Isaac is their any goss on his locker room prescence , seems to bounce around or get bounced quite alot ?.

Reply #124558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tucker is a quality player, however with Davidson and Maher already decent playmakers I don't see the point in adding another one at the 3. The Sixers need scoring at that position IMHO, and Tucker doesn't provide that.

I think he would fit the style of play well in Adelaide and would be a 'good' signing, but given the current lineup I don't think he would be a 'great' signing.

Reply #124559 | Report this post

smitty12  
Years ago

DICKO i dnt like the chances of having Tucker AND Newley AND Shench AND Ballinger ALLLLLL on the one team. maybe on a fantasy dream team - but let's be realistic..as Newley & Shench would surely ask for big $$ and Tucker wouldn't be cheap either. i love the enthusiasm tho

Reply #124563 | Report this post

Neptuneboy  
Years ago

Any chance of getting Rychart back?

Reply #124564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Creative Accounting By The Sixers

Reply #124566 | Report this post

Qlder  
Years ago

I suggest Adelaide takes whoever they can get after last season!!!

Reply #124570 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Rotate, the question is over his work ethic.

36ers best option IMO, if they're going for Newley, is to run with a sole import (as was said in another thread) and have a back-up plan in case he goes.

Reply #124571 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

In this case I am only reporting the rumour as mentioned in the paper.

Don't blame me whether you do get him or don't.

I don't know whether he'd be good or bad, but if I was a sixers fan, I'd be happy with the fact that they're trying to put together something special.

As for Rychart...REAL doubtful. He's contracted for next season anyway and going from BrisVegas and Eddy "I've got an open chequebook and I'm not afraid to use it" Groves back to "we really didn't value you all that higly" would be a big step backwards. I dare say, as long as the Bullets want him is as long as he'll be there.

Reply #124572 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Agree with Kobe24. Not only is his jumpshot pathetic, he's a turnover machine, he cannot make free throws especially in the clutch (see 2006 GF). Has a very questionable attitude as well. Perth got rid of him for this very reason and who could forget him getting into a fight with Dillion Boucher in the carpark in NZ. Smyth doesn't usually go for guys with questionable attitudes as well so I would be very surprised and disappointed if we recruited Tucker.

Isaac, if we get Newely and run with 1 import, who plays small forward? Newely? That leaves us with a ridiculously small back court in Maher and Davidson if you do that. Brisbane did it to some extent with Bruton and Black but Davidson is no Black and we're unlikely to have the depth of Brisbane. IMO, our biggest weakness was the 3 spot last year and this needs to filled with an import who can shoot the 3 and play defence Dave Thomas style.

Reply #124598 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

The 3 spot doesnt have to be filled with an import. A quality Australian 3 would work well..

Reply #124650 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Yeah, but what quality Australian 3's can we sign?? Mackinnon, no. Cattalini, no. Saville would be the only one and I don't think the Sixers are in the mix - see the thread on Saville. What other quality Australian 3's exist? Worthington - he's signed by Sydney. Peter Crawford? - I'd prefer an import thanks.

Reply #124672 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Guys, we have Nash.

Reply #124674 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

get rid of Nash!!!!!!

C aussie/Cooper
F Ballinger/aussie
F Newley/aussie
G Tucker/Sutton
G Maher/Davidson

Any news on a starting centre if we can't get Luke or a backup PF (Forman would have been god to get...) Or any other aussie news barring Newley. Melmeth is a rumor but i wonder how strong it is...

Reply #124675 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Liam Rush would be the perfect guy for the 3 spot!

Reply #124681 | Report this post

Dribbler  
Years ago

I'd be happy with Stephen Hoare.

Reply #124685 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

We could do worse than Tucker but we also do better. Good slasher which is something we were lacking last season, but i've always thought that Dave Thomas was the far superior player of the two Tigers imports.

Reply #124767 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tucker is average... we need more of a scoring threat than what he provides.

Tucker isn't consistently score 20-25 ppg

Reply #124817 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

with hoare signing for 3 years and being promised a starting role, looks likely tucker is looking else where, all though i think he has his downsides we could also do alot worth apparenlty his asking price $$ is not that high

Reply #124847 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

worth = worse :P

Reply #124848 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:36 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754