Lev Makaev
Years ago

2005 Dunk Contest

Who do you guys believe should be in the 2005 contest? I realise its only pre season but everyone should have their views on which players should be in.
Also how many players should be in the contest?
I reckon with such a big event only once a year there should be more players involved. Tell us your thoughts..

Topic #1075 | Report this topic

Take Luck  
Years ago

we talking bout NBA here??

Reply #11893 | Report this post

The Hamma  
Years ago

Apparently J Rich isnt going into the Dunk comp anymore I think they should definatly get Big Amaré Stoudamire in there

I also think Killa and Zane should make an appearance

Reply #11905 | Report this post

AW  
Years ago

I think Harold Minor should give it a go...

Reply #11906 | Report this post

Cheezeburger  
Years ago

a player from the atlanta hawks josh smith should be in it.he is the best rookie dunker this year.lookout for him.

Reply #11909 | Report this post

The Hamma  
Years ago

how bout Drexler and Wilkins add Dr J in the for good measure

Reply #11910 | Report this post

AW  
Years ago

What and Shane Heal as well?? The Hamma ha ha ha ha!!!!

Harold Minor can play my friend... So to Kurt Rambis

Reply #11911 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

Got to have t mac vs VC again. that would be a hugh match up

Reply #11928 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

Hes doent mean the hamma as in shane heal mate, thats his nickname. shane heal is a hack though

Reply #11929 | Report this post

Lev Makaev  
Years ago

Carter and TMAC have done every dunk there is to do, they are a once only thing. They need the Rookies and younger stars doing it to see how good they are.

Reply #11977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ben Gordon v Josh Smith

or Freddy Jones v Ben Gordon

Reply #12296 | Report this post

Lev Makaev  
Years ago

Someone likes Ben Gordon:D
I got the 2002 on tape and i thought Gerald Wallace did a good effort being no one knew him, yet he came out did it well and was robbed of so many points. He should of been given another chance, hes alot more familiar now and im sure he has a lot to offer.
As for the other members, get the rookies and younger players in so we can see their talent.
We have seen the Desmond Mason (as much as i love his dunks) Carter, TMac, Richardson.
And watching guards dunk is so much better then the power forward. Looking forward to it

Reply #13564 | Report this post

D  
Years ago

Yo mason is the man. His windmill will beat vince carter in a Dunk contest hes the greatest hes better that the DR. J , Jordan, and nique.

I bet he could of beat fred jones with perfect 50s in last years contst 2 yo if u think im right u AIM me at Kingbennyss07

Reply #14856 | Report this post

D  
Years ago

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD- MASON

Reply #14857 | Report this post

jason kidd  
Years ago

i should be in it

Reply #14966 | Report this post

vince carter  
Years ago

no, i should

Reply #14967 | Report this post

spudd webb  
Years ago

i can 720 on nba live 05

Reply #14968 | Report this post

vincanity  
Years ago

everyone on the dunk comp on live can do that

Reply #14969 | Report this post

d-mase  
Years ago

hey kidd, you can't even dunk can you?

Reply #14970 | Report this post

jason kidd  
Years ago

i can do put backs on nba live. as can everyone even sam cassel. so he could be in it too.

Reply #14971 | Report this post

Ross Allen  
Years ago

i personally think that Lebron James would be good. but he always jumps one footed!!

Reply #14972 | Report this post

Tyler  
Years ago

How can you go past Lebron?? I would like to see Darvin Ham. He has some serious hops.

Reply #14978 | Report this post

The Man  
Years ago

I would love to see Kareem Rush in the dunk comp. He can get some serious air. I'm talking foul line dunks with a 360 spin

Reply #14989 | Report this post

Tyler  
Years ago

The Man, You play too many video games

Reply #14990 | Report this post

The Man  
Years ago

Don't underestimate Kareem Rush. He has one of the best vertical leaps I've ever seen.

Reply #14991 | Report this post

ra  
Years ago

what about d' wade (don't know how to spell his name.)

Reply #15061 | Report this post

Sir Spark  
Years ago

Ah yes, this year heralds a new legion of dunkers.

Here is a list of the dunkers I think should give it a go this year

- LeBron James - His dunks are not very creative, but he gets up high and throws it down hard)

- Corey Maggette - Underistimated dunker who is rated highly in NBA circles

- Josh Smith - A flexible 6'8 guard with a huge leap

- Steve Francis - The last of the leaping little men

Reply #15064 | Report this post

Ross Allen  
Years ago

i think spud webb should have another go. even thought he's about 50 and he's probably suffered atrophy and can't dunk any more.

Reply #15087 | Report this post

poop man  
Years ago

i think sir spark should do it

Reply #15088 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Baron Davis anyone? Has anyone seen the NBA Street DVD's, where they show the NBA players playing in Summer 3 on 3 leaugues at Rucker Park etc. Baron dunking on everybody. I agree with Sir Spark. Steve Francis should have a go. The best dunkers are little guards. Still trying to find a Dee Brown jersey on ebay.

Reply #15104 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

If you want a Dee Brown jersey, go to the NBA Store on the nba.com website and you can put any number and name on any jersey

Reply #15106 | Report this post

king kong  
Years ago

earl boykins

Reply #15112 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Anyone else on NBA 2k5 just choose 4 dunkers and let the computer go hard at it?

I have Richardson, Dr J, Spud, and Vinsanity, and Dr J wins every time, no matter how many rounds and rules!!

Reply #15147 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

rookie josh smith from the atlanta hawks should be in it.he is the best athlete and dunker from the rookies this year.he ill liken to the great dominique wilkins

Reply #15155 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Cheers MW.

Reply #15157 | Report this post

the man  
Years ago

Reply #15286 | Report this post

the man  
Years ago

i also thnk sam cassel sould have a go

Reply #15287 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Cassell would not be able to get that big melon of his of the ground

Reply #15290 | Report this post

Little Hops  
Years ago

I want to see Steve Francis, Fred Jones, Baron Davis, and Allen Iverson. It would be the Little Man Dunk Contest.

Reply #15611 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

on that last one, what about a big man 3 point contest? i.e. Shaq, Yao, shawn bradely etc etc.

Reply #15612 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

That I would like to see!!!

Reply #15619 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Manute Bol - lead his team in 3 point% when at the Warriors. Actually had range.

Reply #15632 | Report this post

hang time  
Years ago

look out for j.r smith hornets he can jam

Reply #15778 | Report this post

Shawn Smalls  
Years ago

I really think that Ben Gordon should be given a chance. He is very explosive and has alot of dunking ability that alot of people dont know about. Take it from me I played high school basketball against him and i tried to block on of his dunks and he humiliated me in front of a packed and hostile enviorment. Until this day I am know as that kid who got dunked by Ben Gordon and now that he got drafted its worse

Reply #16063 | Report this post

Lev Makaev  
Years ago

They should let us vote to nominate players into the dunk contest. They get us to vote for the all star game but why not the rest of the weekend?!?

Reply #16085 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ggg

Reply #17157 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

G UNIT

Reply #17158 | Report this post

dick  
Years ago

hi guys im cool muggys boughs should go into the dunk contest and earl boykins

Reply #17325 | Report this post

Lev Makaev  
Years ago

when is the dunk contest?

Reply #20421 | Report this post

Lev Makaev  
Years ago

..and have any names been said

Reply #20423 | Report this post

zbop  
Years ago

k-mart, lebron, j-smith, d wade, amare

Reply #20426 | Report this post

zbop  
Years ago

would be a good comp, theyre not actually in it

Reply #20427 | Report this post

Lev Makaev  
Years ago

alright whoever has foxtel keep us informed

Reply #20800 | Report this post

evan  
Years ago

K-mart can prolly jump flat footed and put his eyes at the rim. I haven't seen Bed Gordon do much. I have a hunch about J.R. Smith. Stromile Swift. Josh Smith. James has enough talent and fanfare to win it.

Reply #20900 | Report this post

evan  
Years ago

If that doesn't work have comentators versus NBA players.
Barkley, Kenny Smith, Tom Tolbert, Tim Legler?, John Thompson

Reply #20901 | Report this post

Lev Makaev  
Years ago

James' high school dunk comp was a let down. Prior to the comp they showed the dunks he did in games, and then all he did was show off his hops in the comp. (For those who havnt seen it, he through it off the backboard n reverse.. just basic dunks)
I mean we all know he has the biggest hops so who cares just stick it between your legs and go upside and maybe a windmill in the 1 dunk.
I would like to see what the smaller gaurds have to offer. Its not hard to dunk when your 6'10, So make the big guys do the 3 point comp and the guards the dunk:)

Reply #20917 | Report this post

Smoothblackskin  
Years ago

I think they should let the fans vote players into the Dunk Contest just like they let fans vote for the starters in the All-Star Game !!!

VC will always have 3 of your top 5 dunks of all time.

Notable mention to John Starks (Knicks vs Bulls), Shawn KEMP (THE DUNK), but VINCE has the two (maybe three dunks from 2000's All Star Game and THE GREATEST DUNK OF ALL TIME FROM THE OLYMPICS OVER THE 7'2" FRENCHY !!!

Reply #21595 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

No one could beat Dom Wilks in his PRIME (Not when jordan beat him in 87) He could do fantastic windmills one or two handed!

Reply #21604 | Report this post

evan  
Years ago

I'm starting to agree about voting them in to the dunk contest. If they're worried about ratings, why not? Not everybody wants to compete though, so the all-star committee should find at least 8 or 10 (30-40?) players that would like to give it a go. Then, we the fans will get to vote in 4-6 from there. How 'bout it? Next year...

Reply #22326 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Kriss, Jordan didn't beat Wilkins in 1987 'cause Wilkins was injured. I assume you're referring to the 1988 competition when Wilkins was robbed by hometown corruption. I got a copy of the 1988 broadcast (game, preview, recap and comps) from Gary Fox when he was at the 36ers - quality poor, but still great to watch! Kareem's last All-star game, Mark Aguirre's homecoming, Jordan's 40-points with Isaiah helping him get there (who would believe that?) ..... ah, the memories!

Reply #22327 | Report this post

albert  
Years ago

lebron james
its the best dunker of te nba.
he is like michael jordan

Reply #22627 | Report this post

funamotoa  
Years ago

vince, tmac, j rich, and lebron

Reply #22799 | Report this post

boykins rulz  
Years ago

boykins is the best player in the nba. if you can be 5 foot 5 and average over 12 points a game in the nab u are the best.

DENVER ALL THE WAY IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #31748 | Report this post

taylor  
Years ago

you all suck

Reply #31879 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah Earl Boykins 2005 Dunk Contest Winner, No questions asked.

Reply #31881 | Report this post

G-Funk-Era  
Years ago

Damm straight Earl is the man, get spudd web back, earl and muggsie.

Reply #31882 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Corey Maggette will kile everyone with his hugley oversized muscles. Period.

Reply #38889 | Report this post

j krash  
Years ago

earl is pretty sick but the problem is hes not the best because he only averages 12. he may be the most talented, but hes not very valuable to any team except as a backup. im from sf and i watched him play for the warriors for half a season and he was insane, but.... not the best. fuck corey maggette. WARRIORS IN 06 BDAVIS JRICH MURPH AND ADONAL. forget dunlevy. hes trash.

Reply #39471 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i totally want spud to be in it if he has the energy and docter j and moses malone plus clyde drexlyer to be in it that would be great

Reply #40017 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i am soooo right

Reply #40018 | Report this post

sam cassel  
Years ago

r u drunk spud webb isnt 50 hes like 42 god u people kno nothing about dunkers

Reply #40335 | Report this post

sam cassel  
Years ago

r u drunk spud webb isnt 50 hes like 42 god u people kno nothing about dunkers

Reply #40336 | Report this post

sam cassel  
Years ago

i think manute bol should give it a go

Reply #40338 | Report this post

mike jones  
Years ago

Josh Smith and Lebron are d best

Reply #56212 | Report this post

mike jones  
Years ago

beotch

Reply #56213 | Report this post

old school fan  
Years ago

d wilkins got away with doing the same dunk over and over with the same score. how's that fair ?
s kemp , had something no one else had, i cant explain it, but watch him, it's awsome.
the best of all time in my book

Reply #59722 | Report this post

LG UniT  
Years ago

yeah id have to go with kempy - not only did he have the grace of the best guards but he had the power that no dunker ever besides maybe dominque and darryl dawkins can match - u could see the fear in his opponents eyes as he postered them - he was a powerhouse a force to be reckoned with

Reply #63431 | Report this post

ronnie  
Years ago

i'd say baron davis, j.r smith, j-rich and emeka okafor

Reply #74639 | Report this post

Lebron, MJ,J rich, and Dr.J

Reply #82665 | Report this post

hellooooooooooo

Reply #82666 | Report this post

so when the new guy gets on everybody stops talking

Reply #82667 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:25 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754