Andrew
Years ago

Isaac, where the f*** are the Rd 1 boxscores!?!?!?

Only kidding ... just thought I'd get in early before those peanuts who seemed to ask the question every Monday morning last season, obviously based on the assumption that Isaac's business runs itself, or at least seem to conveniently forget the fact that all the ABL stuff Isaac does is unpaid.

Topic #10778 | Report this topic

Clark Kent  
Years ago

Well considering they've been on the Central ABL website since Sunday Morning anyone who's bothered to use the official site would have already seen them.

I know it's a little strange having information on an official site but it's good to see times have changed.

Another improvement that BSA will get no credit for of course.

Reply #124973 | Report this post

Kryptonite  
Years ago

Should they get too much credit for doing something that they should have been doing years ago?

Good on them for doing it, but really, I don't think we need to be back-slapping everyone in the office for becoming competent, do we?

I just think it's a tad pathetic that anytime BSA actually do something, someone (and we all know who) will come on and say they "won't get credit for it".

Call me sour if you like, it's just my 2 cents.

Reply #124977 | Report this post

TH.  
Years ago

"Another improvement that BSA will get no credit for of course."

if that's what BSA needs (credit) to get their arse into gear, then God help us all.

Well done BSA for doing the job your paid for. I'm sure some comment will pop up mentioning the poor homeless leper volunteer that posted the boxscores at 3am on Sunday morning - but if that's what it takes to get basketball in South Australia up to scratch - so be it. A little overtime never hurt anyone. Keep those lunchtime breaks to a max. 45min and get to your desk by 8:30am on the dot...

Reply #124980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Try to find one other local sports organisation that has statistics in that much detail posted within hours of a round's completion.
Not even the SANFL has proper statistics available until Monday morning usually (apart from what we see in the papers) - ie their website doesn't update that early.

Basketball wouldn't have near the budget or staffing that footy has.

I'd say BSA is going well beyond the call of duty having box scores up by Sunday afternoon, let alone the early hours of Sunday morning/Saturday night.

Reply #124982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

try www.centralabl.com.au

These were up there saturday night.

Reply #124993 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I've put a link to the Central ABL site at the top of every page so people get used to heading there.

Reply #125000 | Report this post

Pugsley  
Years ago

Well i know for a fact Paul Arnott was still up at 1:20am on Sunday morning making sure the stats were being updated, as that's when he replied to my email, so it goes to show someone is dedicated

Reply #125034 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Paul Arnott is the most valuable member of BSA. Did alot for Forestville and has done alot for BSA.

Reply #125256 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:43 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754