Isaac
Years ago

No ABL in Sunday Mail?

In this week's Sunday Mail, there was no ABL report. Not in the Six Pack of snippets, not in the sidebar, nothing that I could see at all.

If you'd like to register your disapproval and ask why the opening round of a quality basketball competition was ignored, then contact the new sports editor, Michael McGuire.

His email address is: [email protected] - keep it polite.

This is a competition that features NBL players alongside long-time local juniors and potential future NBL talent.

Whether you are a player, coach or fan of the league, put in your request for more coverage. Tell the editor that you expect more from the paper.

Topic #10779 | Report this topic

DB5  
Years ago

Good work again Isaac, much more efficient way for people to get their point across than the usual Monday morning waaah waaah on here!

Reply #124975 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #124979 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

The ABL results are in today's paper in the sports digest on Page 67 and 3/4 of the article about "Sixers still catch Luke" is basically an ABL write up.

Reply #124983 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

Isaac, have you spoken to Boti at all? I know Mike McGuire is a soccer man predominantly, but I also know Boti wields quite some influence in the sports room.

Reply #124984 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Keefy, I'm talking about the Sunday Mail.

Andrew, there's been a change in editors recently which may have impacted what level of coverage basketball gets.

Reply #124985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Isaac if we are interested in the WNBL side of things we shouldn't bother?

Reply #124989 | Report this post

Sue Yang  
Years ago

ABL Games Commissioners were informed on Friday that information is not to be sent through to Boti as he is no longer writing for the Sunday Mail.

Reply #124990 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

124989, you're welcome to do that off your own back. I follow NBL more closely. If WNBL is more your thing, you can push that yourself, right?

Reply #124995 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

My understanding in the past is that the mens ABL could not get in the Sunday mail because the results of the games occurred too late after printing, which is why last year the womens results were always in but not the mens.

Maybe this year they have decided to keep them together and post them in the Monday advertiser. Makes sense to me, and that way we might get a better write up too instead of a more rushed version

Reply #124998 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

Yeah I know you are talking about the Mail. Some of the other normal write ups weren't there either. Surely it's not that hard to even get some of the results into the paper in time for printing on a Sunday and not making people wait until the Monday.

Reply #124999 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

lockstock, feasible, but it's not what's happening. I suspect that the new editor just doesn't rate the game.

Reply #125001 | Report this post

Neptuneboy  
Years ago

Agreed Isaac

Reply #125003 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

Sorry, did people miss Sue Yang's comment?

Boti no longer writing for Sunday Mail? Is this news to everyone?

Reply #125010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

could atleast have half a page each sunday, instead of 10 pages to footy im sure 9 1/2 would be ok

Reply #125012 | Report this post

glen  
Years ago

think is hard i left morphett vale -got petrol and pick up a sunday mail on way out

-no way get results in

Reply #125061 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:00 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754