Anonymous
Years ago

Newleys Signature........

Dicko.......you announced on the forum that Newley was close to signing with the Sixers and that Ballinger was as good as done, when are we expected to hear these announcements??

Topic #10797 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

STOP ASKING AND JUST WAIT PATIENTLY. FFS!

Reply #125146 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Since I don't work for the 6ers, I can't tell you.

Since it's against the rules to negotiate with players until 2 weeks after the GF, I would suggest they'll wait at least another couple of days to complete the deception. To clarify, THAT is not a dig at the 6ers.....they ALL do it.

I am of course assuming that Ballinger and Newley don't have the permission of their respective club.

That said, Newley is not "Done", Ballinger is.

Reply #125149 | Report this post

DrB  
Years ago

I belive the cooling period is two weeks from the grandfinal, then teams are able to approach players and do deals, so i would expect announcments from next week

Reply #125164 | Report this post

TAMLAS  
Years ago

Here is the HOT tip.
Newley to the Melbourne Tigers.
U heard it here first by TAMLAS.....

Reply #125165 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Unless there is a MASSIVE about face, TAMLAS, your miles off.

Tigers target is Barlow, and it looks like they've got him. That leaves them with no roster spots and about 3 points under the points cap....no way they're getting Newley.

Unless Barlow fell through and they've thrown their hat into the Newley ring.

I will NEVER say it's impossible.... but, mate, it's one out of left field.

Reply #125170 | Report this post

OzHooper  
Years ago

"Newley has a European contract on his table."

Reply #125173 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If it is only NBL clubs who have to wait the two weeks after the grand final, why would he have a European contract "on the table".......he would just sign. It would have to be worth more than any NBL club could offer?

Reply #125216 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He'd be waiting on the NBA draft.

Reply #125218 | Report this post

DrB  
Years ago

From a very good source, barlow is a done deal to the tigers!

Reply #125222 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Newley previously stated he'd never play here if Phil is here. What makes people think he's changed his stance ?!

Reply #125227 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

money, family, partner.

Reply #125230 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

"Newley previously stated he'd never play here if Phil is here. What makes people think he's changed his stance ?!"

Get rid of Phil....

...NOW

Reply #125237 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just curious to know when are who he said that too? If that is true....Doubt it is a factor. Times change, and people grow. Brad Newley would now realize Basketball is a business. Assume he'd happily play for Smyth, if the price is right.

Reply #125244 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

I have no idea of Newleys thoughts but i think Newley would fit in great with the 36ers free flowing offense and playing alongside guys like Brett Maher, so id imagine he would enjoy that side of it no matter who the coach is, plus the other factors of money, lifestyle, family, so i for one hope it happens!

Reply #125248 | Report this post

Harvard 1500  
Years ago

Just a thought . . . . If we assume that newley wants NBA then wouldnt that fact alone suggest he would want put himself in the best possible position to showcase his talent? I dont believe that playing under Smyth's free flowing offence (Im sure that that is another way of saying non threatening, passive, inobtrusive, "can we please score now?" offence) is the best possible place. I'd love to see Newley in a 6ers jersey right next to our new head coach.

Reply #125267 | Report this post

Skudpud  
Years ago

Funny that Newley just recently said he would consider a return to Adelaide, Smyth haters get over yourself he is here to stay, if you dont like it then the club doesnt need your pathetic support.

Reply #125360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah! all those Australians who don't like John Howard can get out of the country too! oh wait...

skudpud do you ever think before you talk?

Reply #125362 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

ha...lets make phil prime minister, solves 2 problems...and damn it...anyone could do a better job than "honest" john

Reply #125382 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

give Nash the Prime Minister job and get him off the Sixers list as a contracted player

Reply #125389 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Smyth haters get over yourself he is here to stay, if you dont like it then the club doesnt need your pathetic support.

Skudpud, are you from the Sixers marketing department?

Reply #125404 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I know (hope?) that's just a joke, but I guarantee you that the marketing crew don't think like that at all.

Reply #125406 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:29 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754