Disco
Years ago

Franchise piece - who would you pick?

If the NBA was blown up and a new draft was needed who would you choose to start your franchise with if you could pick any one player??

Also who would you choose if you got to pick 3 players.

Personally I would choose D-Wade - Young, already a championship winner, clutch and can live with a big personality like Shaq.

For the 3 it would be D-Wade, KG and Chris Paul. All distributors can score and team players, they could all play in the same team no worries!

What does everyone else think?

Topic #10801 | Report this topic

Bizzy  
Years ago

For me I would probably take:

1. Dwight Howard - young and just an absolute monster
2. CP3 - One of the best PG's going around
3. Melo - just a flat out scorer.

I would have chosen KG and Kobe but they are just a bit too old to start a franchise around now IMO.

Reply #125176 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

LeBron, Steve Nash, Dirk, Kobe

What to see how good Durant will be

Reply #125182 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

1: Dwight - the true Beast of the East. He's legit and will be crashing boards and scoring points for a long long time.

2: Yao - franchise centre, plus generates huge fan support from Asia which means more $$$$

3: Deron Williams - I prefer him over CP3. Williams is a bit taller and his numbers are just as good. Plus CP3 has just been diagnosed with stress fractures which anything could happen with.

If I could have a fourth I'd roll with Oden.

Reply #125183 | Report this post

Disco  
Years ago

You know that you just chose 3 centres??

Reply #125184 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dwight howard. i just hope he doesnt turn into the next kg and receive no support around him his entire career.

Reply #125192 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Nash, Kobe and then Dirk

Reply #125194 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kobe.

Reply #125197 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

1. LeBron James: The chance to surround him with a good supporting cast at another franchise I believe would take his playing abilites to another level. He has age, talent and popularity on his side.

2. Yao Ming: Proven commodity who I dont believe has reached his peak. Same points that TR raised as well, especially support from Asia which can not be underestimated.

3. Kobe Bryant: Has championship experience, the ability to win games/playoff series off his own back and still has a lot of time left in the nba. His games attract national interest.. debatable whether for good/bad reasons.

Reply #125202 | Report this post

Kobe, Nash, and KG are all amazing players, but if I was truly building a franchise I'd want to start young.

Dwight Howard- The man is an absolute monster. Need I say more?

D-Wade- Apart from the fact he's a brilliant player, he has a fantastic attitude; in a Jordan-esque way, he doesn't ever give up. Also, we know he can either carry a team (when shaq was out for the first half of this season) or co-exist with other superstars (see 2006 playoffs).

The 3rd pick is a bit harder, I think:

Dirk- He can be boring to watch, but who can actually guard him?

CP3- Assuming the stress fractures heal. He's one hell of a playmaker. If he was too risky, I'd take Deron for sure. He'll be the next Kidd in 3 seasons, max.

Durant- What can't he do?
Oh, wait. He's dominated in college, but hasn't actually played in the NBA yet. It could either pay off big (think Melo) or be a nasty surprise (think Laettner). With his crazy arsenal of moves though, it's a risk I'd be willing to take.

LeBron- When he plays like he is now, not when he's in selfish, sulking mode. Could he really exist on a team where he wasn't the only star though?

Melo is a notable omission, mainly due to that gutless bitch-slap he delivered in December.

If I could only pick 1, it would be Wade.

Reply #125212 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

I think the fact that Lebron continually defers to teammates when he thinks they are in a better position to score then him proves he can coexist. I'd say alot of the 'sulking' would come from these teammates not stepping up to the challenge half the time. You can build a team around him with him playing the 1,2, or 3 and you can't knock 29 7 and 7 at 21 yrs of age.

Reply #125226 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Andrew Bynum is one who hasnt got a mention........the Kids only what ...19, going on 20 this year in October

With one of the greatest ctrs of all time Kareem working with him

He will be the Lakers Franchise

Provided he doesnt get injured that is

Reply #125228 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

You might not be able to knock the stats but you can certainly knock the heart he is showing - he shows less love for the game than Hardaway showed to the gay people in society.

LeBron is more worried about becoming this worldwide money man than he is about winning a 'ship, just see the last dime mag.

Reply #125229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yao Ming

Reply #125231 | Report this post

The Hamma  
Years ago

Dirk, Josh Howard and JET

Reply #125259 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

A player does not have to show extraverted emotion to care about the game. The fact remains you nor anyone has even a clue as to what goes through Lebron James head about winning basketball games.

Reply #125331 | Report this post

Rotate on this  
Years ago

3D

Deron Williams _ the ultimate distributor who can knock the three .
Dwayne Wade _ best allround player in the NBA .

Dirk Nowitzki _ teamed up with deron and dwayne would prove an unstoppable trio .

Also with this three you could support with undervalued role players and dominate .

Reply #125333 | Report this post

We may not know what goes on in his head, but you can tell a lot about someone's attitude from their body language and how they commit themselves

Reply #125345 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:35 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754