Isaac
Years ago

Jobs going at the 36ers

A couple of jobs are up for grabs at the Adelaide 36ers - Team Manager and Technical Coach (cutting tape, more or less).

If you'd like to read more, head to the 36ers website for details.

Interesting to note that they've sprung for DV Coach in recent times. From what I've read on the net, and someone might be able to correct me if I'm wrong, but it's an application that effectively combines Cybersports/ProWess stats with a game tape. So, say you want to prepare tape for David Cooper, and he's going to be defending Chris Anstey and David Stiff on the weekend, you could get it to prepare highlights footage automatically showing passages of play featuring stats from Stiff and Anstey.

Anyway, I think that's right - and if it doesn't do that, let me know and I'll hire some programmers in India and get it built ASAP.

Topic #10835 | Report this topic

thedoctor  
Years ago

Isaac, tell me this - if you are an Indian (in India) and you call your phone company to complain about your phone bill, do you get directed to a call centre in Australia?

Reply #125610 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Did you get that from Boti's Thursday column?

Reply #125614 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

thedoctor - you get redirected to Ethiopia

Reply #125635 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You're a twit thedoctor. A total twit. You get an Indian on the other end when you ring here in Australia because Indian workers are cheap. Cheap is cheap son. Australian workers are more expensive than Indian workers in India as well. You tool.

Reply #125640 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think it was a joke. You might just be confused because it wasn't a very funny one. ;)

Reply #125641 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Thanks anon, I now understand the basics of macro-economics. I appreciate the insight.

Anon, someone said to me the other day "And pigs might fly!", and this confused me, as I thought that pigs couldn't fly. Could you please clear this one up for me? Ta.

Reply #125642 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

And Isaac - no. I'd never so blatantly rip off a joke like that... It wasn't yesterday, surely?

Reply #125644 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not suggesting that it was ripped off, just that it was a bit of a "dad's joke"!

Reply #125648 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Ahh...guilty as charged.

Reply #125652 | Report this post

Sween  
Years ago

Added on to the docs request, 125640, could you please give a breakdown - cost and religious significance of the pigs flight in both india and australia?

Reply #125661 | Report this post

brick city  
Years ago

Who was the former Technical coach? Or are the Sixers the last professional team in the world that has someone scouting other teams.

Reply #125664 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

125640 - Indian workers in Australia are not cheaper than Australian workers.

Basing wage on race is highly illegal, or perhaps you havent heard of racism?

As for telcos in India, there is one I know of who does not have any customer based centres outside of Australia.

Reply #125677 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

yogee, I think he means they offer low wages that most Australians wouldn't take so quite often you get young Indians doing the jobs.

Not basing salary on race, the salary is low to start with and many Aussies would rather take their Centrelink money than work for it, like Indian students/PR's do.

Reply #125684 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Yogee, I think anon after completely missing the old man joke I made, was referring to workers based outside of Australia and so clearly pointed out for me that indeed Australian workers earn more than the average Indian worker in India as opposed to a worker in Australia of Indian heritage.

Reply #125686 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

One of the funniest posts of all time.

Ahhh confusion :)

Reply #125698 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will be a couple of more jobs going at the sixers too at the end of next season

Reply #125709 | Report this post

What The ???  
Years ago

Good to see the 36ers have posted this on the BA website. (insert sarcasm here)

Basketball SA, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Reply #125710 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

um the 36ers and Basketball SA arn't connected anymore dude

Reply #125722 | Report this post

What The ???  
Years ago

Sorry,

Basketball in SA, the more it changes, the more it stays the same.

Reply #125723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Give Nash one of the jobs, at least then he won't be playing next year!

Reply #125830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Team granny nappy changer is up for grabs I hear!

Reply #126138 | Report this post

GMan  
Years ago

DVCoach is suppled by a company called ProWess Sports www.prowess.com.au Apparently they have most NBL teams using the system this way already so Sixers are catching up

Reply #126840 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:23 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754