123abc
Years ago

Kobe makes it 4 straight

Kobe Bryant finished with 50, becoming the second NBA player to hit that mark in four straight games and led the Lakers to a 111-105 win over the Hornets.

Unbelievable! Not even Jordan has done that. Maybe he is pressing to be the best player ever?

Topic #10857 | Report this topic

Ryno  
Years ago

Who do the Lakers play next??? Will he make it 5 straight??? Has anyone ever scored 50 in 5 sraight games???

Reply #125903 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Kobe Bryant wants to be remembered for scoring points and winning basketball games, not the suspension-yielding swipes he's taken at opposing players.

If he keeps this up, he may get his wish.

Bryant scored 50 points to lead Los Angeles to a 111-105 victory over the New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets on Friday night, making the Lakers star only the second player in NBA history with at least that many points in four consecutive games.

More: http://www.nba.com/games/20070323/LALNOK/recap.html

Reply #125895 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

The Lakers could be playing the 1989 pistons i still think Kobe could score 50 if he's on

Reply #125904 | Report this post

equalling wilt? wrong. he did it 7 times.

but this is incredible. and l.a are winning. Kobe for mvp

Reply #125905 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

beat me to it.....

Kobe has become only the second player in NBA hisory to score 50+ points in 4 consecutive games (equaling Wilt).

You might not like the guy as a person, or a player, but you cant deny that he isnt a great scorer and can carry a team.

Reply #125896 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

This season is really proving his status as one of the games greats. First 2/3's of the season takes a step back early in games getting everyone else involved and picking his spots, and turning it on when he needs to. But after 7 straight losses he and Phil decide he needs to take over and 2 60 and 2 50 point games right off the bat. If he keeps this up and the Lakers roll into the playoffs, with Nowitzkis play dropping off slightly he's certainly going to be challenging nash for that ellusive mvp. I don't think anyone can doubt his only motive is to win basketball games.

Reply #125898 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

My bad, ELG.....i misread the news post on NBA.com.....

But even so, 4 straight 50+ games is a fair effort

Reply #125907 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Today's Kobe-watch: 19 points with 6:30 to go in the 2nd, against GSW at home.

Reply #126019 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

21 pts now, on 18 shots, in 22 minutes....man he will go down with tendonitis in his shooting elbow in the next few days!!

Reply #126022 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Finishes with 43 in a 115-113 Lakers win. Disappointing effort - I'd hoped for another 50+ so I'd have a few more days to work on my "Obi-Wan KanKobe?" type puns.

In other NBA news today: Agent Zero in trouble for betting with fans.

Reply #126055 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

33 shots in 46 minutes for 43 points....and an agent zero in the assists column!

Reply #126057 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Kobe was also interacting with the fans when he went for 50 against NOOCH on the weekend, according to ESPN:

You may notice on the highlights of Friday night's game how Bryant high-fived a young boy midway through the third quarter after hitting a sick 3-pointer from the left side with a defender draped all over him. I asked Kobe: Why the high-five? "It was a little kid, and he had said, 'What's up,' and I said, 'What's up' back. And I told him: 'Watch this 3. I've got a 3 for you.' "

Reply #126061 | Report this post

why would he pass. i mean the best player he's got is lamar odom, the guy who thinks he's a point guard but is really just a nothing player

Reply #126068 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:11 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754