Daniel Lalic (21pts, 8rbs, 2stl)
Justin Clayton (25pts, 6rbs)
Rory Craddock (20pts, 8rbs, 7ast)
Andrew Webber (19pts, 9rbs, 6ast)
Todd Matthews (19pts, 9rbs, 6ast)

Topic #10868 | Report this topic

Professor  
Years ago

Are you just a self proclaimed POTW selector or has someone given you an official cappacity? And if all you do is just go through the box scores and pick the best stats well thats even more redciculos than being arrogant enough to be a self proclaimed POTW selector. No one person could picj player of the week without calling up coaches and players from evey game and getting a total run down. Eric Burdon was the MVP of the southern game but just becasue Dusty stats were better you put him in. You are opening yourself up for a lot of critisim unless you are doing alot of research

Reply #125995 | Report this post

POTW Selector  
Years ago

Professor I'm happy to take critisim (as you put it)

As for my selections, I'm pretty happy with Dusty ahead of eric burdon as last I checked, dusty and eric do not play the same power forward section.

Also what did eric do other than shoot the ball a lot.

Reply #126004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jarrod Graves?

Shooting 27 shots at 33% with 4 assists but 3 turnovers in a losing side?

Hmmmmm, once again shows that scoring is all that matters i guess.

Reply #126006 | Report this post

POTW Selector  
Years ago

Well this is how your score ticks over. However I could be wrong.

Thanks for your critique. I'm happy with my selections

Reply #126010 | Report this post

Professor  
Years ago

POWT Selector you have just opened yourself up even more with your rediculos comments. So you clearly were not at the Southern North game and the fact you did not answer the question of just gauging all your picks on stats alone probably means that is all you do. If you are going to keep doing this do some research please. No one cares what you think but if you get a group of people all agreeing then it caries some weight. The way you go about it you might as well just get that HSA rating and give it to who ever gets the highest. Imagine if evey MVP award given was based on a formula. It dosnt work becasue stats are not everything and you cant put a formula on MVPs and you cant pick one unless you see the game or get a group concenus. I think you should stop doing them unless you are going to make a real effort in picking them. Or keep going if you want eveyone to think your an idiot and laugh at your picks

Reply #126018 | Report this post

Professor  
Years ago

Besides how does Graves win when his team lost?? and on what other basis did you pick your selections other than stats and what games did you watch on the weekend????

Reply #126020 | Report this post

POTW Selector  
Years ago

Sorry I didn't pick you professor.

Lets see who actually gets the nod in regard to player of the rounds. Then we can see how well I'm doing. So far I'm 1/1 in picking player of the round. Having said that I did give as a dual award in Round 1.

Spud and Zorich was my pick.

Winner = Spud

As for games I have been at

North Vs West Round 1
Sturt vs Southern Round 3

Reply #126024 | Report this post

POTW Selector  
Years ago

You also might want to check my selection for round 1 against the actual player of the week award on Central ABL website

"West Adelaide's Anthony Spadavecchia is the men's player of the week for round 1. Spadavecchia scored 20 points in a tough battle against a deep North Adelaide back court, and also had 8 assists and 6 rebounds.

Other notable performances included 19 points and 18 boards from Forestville's Kane Oakley, 16 and 17 from West's Chris Molitor, 26 and 14 from Central District's Justin Clayton, 22 points in 25 minutes from Norwood's Keith Krause and a good all-round game from North's Michael Zorich, who was 3 asssists shy of a triple double.
"

Reply #126025 | Report this post

POTW Selector  
Years ago

Forgot to say that I also spoke with someone very involved in the North vs Southern game and got his thoughts. But in the end I guess stats still play a large part of the game. But then I guess the above passage from Central ABL website had no stats in it all.

Reply #126026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

stats are so overrated u have no idea who is the best player unless ur at the game just read red auerbachs book he this stats arent worth a pinch of shit

Reply #126027 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Yeah POTW selector, we expect you to be at 5 games concurrently. Consider yourself the Father Christmas of the Central ABL

Reply #126033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No lockstock wat they need is a representative for each stadium who nominates a player from each game as it is all stadiums usually give an award for game mvp from those 5 or so you could then determine POTW much more accurately sarcastic comments solve nothing

Reply #126036 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

POTW selector, so far you have been to more games than Smyth in the last 3 years...keep up the good work!

Reply #126037 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

I think people need to just chill out a bit. POTW Selector is just choosing guys based on 1) games they've seen 2) people they've heard from who've seen/been involved with other games and 3) boxscores.

It'd be good if they keep posting these each week & they can generate some discussion amongst people who've been out to games. You don't have to agree with the selections, it's just one persons opinion.

Perhaps you saw a different game on Sunday & think player X played a great game, post it up. None of these things are definitive, just people expressing views on the competition.

Reply #126043 | Report this post

POTW Selector  
Years ago

If stats mean nothing why do we even keep them. Why do we have awards for them at the end of the year.

Reply #126044 | Report this post

POTW Selector  
Years ago

Thanks DB5

"I think you should stop doing them unless you are going to make a real effort in picking them. Or keep going if you want eveyone to think your an idiot and laugh at your picks"

Think I'll keep doing them. This is a forum is it not. Debate is good. Professor you are yet to show any other suggestions other than Eric ahead of Dusty.

Reply #126045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I disagree with the fact that a players team needs to win. In the game vs West on Sunday Jarrod Graves almost single handedly kept Centrals within touch (with a bit of help from Clayton). Without him the Lions would've lost by 30.
IMO he was the best player on the court.

Reply #126046 | Report this post

POTW Selector  
Years ago

Thanks Hoop Addict

Reply #126048 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yeah, just going to repeat HA: "It'd be good if they keep posting these each week & they can generate some discussion amongst people who've been out to games. You don't have to agree with the selections, it's just one persons opinion."

Happy to have some extra ABL content on the site - would be great if some followers of the women's league could put up their nominations also.

Reply #126058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree. I think Professor's vagina is hurting.

Reply #126064 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:04 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754