Anonymous
Years ago

36ers highlights

Is there anyone out there capable of putting out some highlights of each 36ers game up on a website? Or is there any other way of obtaining footage? I am sure many other fans would appreciate it as well.
Thanks.

Topic #1088 | Report this topic

Milinda  
Years ago

Yep i agree. a homesick sixers fan living in perth .i am counting down the days til saturday when i can say hi to phil and all the guys, esp, willie and brett here at challenge stadium. i hope we slaughter perth!! willie can you a dunk against perth like last sat, my sister said it was awesome!!!
and sixers if any of you read this let me know if ya going out after the game!

Reply #12035 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

There are legal issues with putting video on the web, due to the Foxtel broadcasting rights.

Reply #12042 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Well, just do it quietly on a site no-one knows about, and put email addresses up if you want a copy, and then we'll send it around. How does that sound?!

Reply #12052 | Report this post

BouncePass  
Years ago

Would any issues with Fox be overcome if a member of the crowd brought in there own video camera and took footage? What difference would this be to taking photos at a game and posting them up on the net.

Reply #12143 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I do not think Mr Murdoch would like that too much....i would say that you would find a kindly written letter on your door step ASAP if some one tried it.

Reply #12144 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I suspect they'd ignore until it became known or popular, and certainly if there was any money being made.

Bandwidth would be the issue, unless files were traded by torrents (which isn't necessarily all that accessible). Alternatively, host it in the US and just endure latency issues.

Reply #12145 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Actually News Ltd hire copyright people who trawl the net all day looking for breaches.

OzHoops found this out the hard way, backk in it's infancy as Basketball World. We copied a couple of News Ltd articles (very naively) and received some VERY nasty correspondence....we had been looking at $20,000+ as a court claim. Luckily we came to an agreement with them. They are VERY hot on those types of issues (Murdoch didnt make his money giving things away)

Reply #12155 | Report this post

Tommy  
Years ago

What about the 'anti syphoning rules' that apply when a sporting fixture is licenced to a station who chooses not to show it. Isnt this how SBS got to show World Cup soccer and cricket?

Surely Foxtel only have rights to the footage they shoot themselves?

Reply #12322 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:03 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754