Anonymous
Years ago

Funny NH-Gowers Shopping Habits

I was in Coles Firle today and was appalled by the conduct of one often disgruntled former 36er Todd Gower. He has obviously started to let himself go as he headed straight for the Pura 600ml Mocha Iced Coffee drink. He picked up the drink and proceeded to shake it up. As he walked down the aisle he then noticed the Juice section, in particular the Nippys Orange Juice. He looked at his Mocha drink then back up at the Nippys. He obviously was in a conundrum, "should I have the tasty Mocha drink or the slightly less tasty orange juice that may do less damage to my ever expanding waistline". Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr. Gower then chose the Nippys, but then instead of doing the compassionate and humane thing and returning the Mocha drink to its place he just dumped it with the Nippys. For shame Mr. Gower, for shame. I demand that he apologizes. People look up to former sport stars like himself, some child could have witnessed this horrendous act and then decided that this is the way he should also act. Think of the hardworking men at Coles you have inconvenienced, I hope you can sleep at night.

Topic #10882 | Report this topic

123abc  
Years ago

What's the bet that every single one of us (barring you ofcourse) would have done this atleast once before?

People are lazy, that's life.

Reply #126160 | Report this post

NINO  
Years ago

Todd Gower is a SAINT! I wont hear a bad word about him...unless its Halo related!

Reply #126162 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

"Todd Gower is a SAINT!"

A little exaggerated

Reply #126165 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

If this was the extent of the problems of the world, then thank God for the wonderful world we live in. There is terrorism happening everywhere. Drunk drivers killing people on the roads, children being molested and Anon #10882 thinks its a big deal that a milk drink was put back next to the orange juice.

Reply #126169 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

anon would this be a breech of your restraining order for stalking.

Reply #126178 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

It happens everywhere. Obviously someone had nothing else better to do except stalk someone at a supermarket and then let the whole world know about what they've have done. BIG deal. Next thing we will all know about is what brand of toilet paper someone uses.

Reply #126179 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I was in Coles today also, having walked across the greater part of our continent seeking enlightenment in these bleak times.

Near death, I dragged myself into the supermarket knowing that only a milk product could replenish my fading reserves. By the time I reached the juice section, I knew my time was almost at an end - I would not be able to last until the dairy fridges.

Then, a ray of light pierced the haze, shining directly on a 600mL Mocha Iced Coffee drink - I possessed just the strength in one arm alone to reach up, snatch it, and quench my thirst.

Now that I know to whom I owe my life's thanks, I can thank Todd "The Ticket" Gower.

May your hair never be combed and may your steals per game average never let you drop from the lofty heights of ABL defensive infamy.

Reply #126180 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

like omg gower should be banned from grocery shopping

Reply #126182 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Just love it Isaac. Just hope you still had enough strength to get to the checkout and pay for it first.

Reply #126185 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ok EC, next time im in Westpac ill leave a Mocha iced coffee on your desk and see how you like it.

Reply #126188 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Hopefully EC you never complain about anything less than child molestation on this forum ever again.

Reply #126189 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Todd phoned in his credit card number to the store manager as a final gesture, so no worries there EC.

Then I pinched a few "tasting" grapes from each bunch in the fruit section on my way out, because that's just what you do in supermarkets. You know when you stand there and eat another one because you're "not sure" if you got an accurate reflection on taste from the last one, so you better try just one more? Those grapes were what got me back on my feet.

PS, Nino started a new job today - first pay cheque has been spent on a light plane to sky-write "ANON, STICK THIS UP YA".

Reply #126190 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Haha.

At least he had the decency to put it back in a refridgereated area. How many times have you seen chilled product get dumped with the canned product and the like!!!

Reply #126200 | Report this post

Ben Fitzn  
Years ago

I would have thought that Nino would have bought some more bullets for Halo with that first pay cheque

Reply #126213 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#6180 That is pure gold..classic.

I can't wait for the next instalment of supermarket hero.

The original post was TIC - surely it wasn't serious? No..

Reply #126214 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

DJ, not very often to be honest. Why, do you stake out the perishable sections of supermarkets? ;)

Reply #126221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seriously, whoever started this thread, please get a life.

Reply #126222 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On a slightly different note, why isn't he playing for Sturt???

Reply #126223 | Report this post

Sween  
Years ago

Dear Guys, n Chicks,

Request more product placements in this thread. When referring to Time, please give me a watch brand name. "Feet" deserves mention of a footwear maker etc. etc.

This post brought to you compliments of Foodland and Melancoshie.

Reply #126225 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Still recovering from injury?

Sween, I take it that you watched Media Watch last night?

Reply #126226 | Report this post

Sween  
Years ago

Yup.
Me and my boring life, needs an injection of icy cold sweet sugary thingy ... and some cold hard casssssh....

I'm off to go celeb spotting; Look there's Monica!!

Reply #126258 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Having left his "Pura" milk, he left the "Coles" supermarket, with his "nippys" Juice, he bent down to tie up his "Nikes"..walked to his "Commodore", after checking his "Rado" watch, he realised he was late for his hair appt at "Tony and Guy's", he rushed in, had the "Sunsilk" put through his hair,then dashed off for dinner at "the Stag", being the superstar he is, he spent the evening quaffing the "Coopers" fine range before catching a "yellow" cab to his temporary apartment in the "Hyatt Hotel", then he.... hmm think i will stop there before i mention "stormys" "lifestyle" or too much more.

Remember we are watching :)

Reply #126267 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:19 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754