123abc
Years ago

NH - Coach Abuses Swimmer @World Champs

Police have detained a Ukrainian swimming coach, after he allegedly assaulted his daughter at the World Swimming Championships.

The 38-year-old has had his accreditation revoked and the pair
are being interviewed by Victorian Police.

The girl is a swimmer with the Ukrainian swimming team.

More

Topic #10901 | Report this topic

Keefy  
Years ago

For those who haven't seen it yet, it's about to be shown on Fox Sports News.

Reply #126371 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

Has it made youtube yet?

Unfortunately my browser is playing up with vidoes, however youtube seems to work ok

Reply #126383 | Report this post

smitty12  
Years ago

thats fukn bullshit!!! definitely shouldnt be tolerated. and what was he thinking...he didnt realise that there must've been someone else standing there wit a camera watching it. not just a hidden camera. geebus. would love to have heard what was said and also know the Ukranian language to see what the fuss was over.

Reply #126423 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It was an automated camera - e.g., remotely controlled.

Reply #126427 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

I think the explanation from them both will be interesting. Perhaps she was stressing out and he (over)acted as a parent in trying to console an emotionally upset 20 year old. Doesn't look good though

Reply #126446 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hangin Round - that was exactly what it seemed like to me - a lot of pressure before a swim meet, the coach/father didn't want the opportunity to go to waste, etc.

Hello Damir Dokic!

Reply #126447 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And this like different to basketball coaches behaviour? The verbals courtside?

Reply #126450 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

A very sad situation, but one that does not need to be replayed over and over again. the poor young girl and the overbearing "stage" parent is disgusting and played out every weekend. but im sure they dont need to have it on every tv screen around the world.

Good publicity for 9 whose swimming coverage is a monumental ratings failure..perhaps they can use the time they dont spend on swimming on basketball next year

Reply #126529 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Agreed - they sensationalised it, plus the coverage is flat-out boring.

Reply #126535 | Report this post

Neptuneboy  
Years ago

It's says he alledegly assaulted...
I think the video footage about sums it up...

Reply #126545 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

the girl has said it was her fault and that she will support her dad in court today.

Reply #126614 | Report this post

Sween  
Years ago

Someone forgot to tell FINA and the Ukrainians about the Vic police force.
Man, didn't the coppa's lap this up. Rate their effort at 15 outa 10.
They'd have to indulge in a high speed car chase to get away from overkill.

Reply #126638 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sween well said. The coppas were loving it. A dad tries to take a towell off his daugther whilst making a point gets punched and then tries to calm his daughter down and he is the subject of this. Its embarassing for Victorian's.

PS: Victoria is a great state, only one thing wrong with it, there are too many Victorian's there!

Reply #126639 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:29 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754