BouncePass
Years ago

Sixers .. .. .. 04/05 NBL Champs?

Surely it is way too early for fans, players and media to be talking about taking the trophy this season? Yeah, if the current look and feel of the team has anything to do with it, the holy grail is a certainty. Although we have given some teams a hiding, look at where those teams are placed on the ladder and the proportion of home games we have played. If we loose the next two home games where would we be on the ladder 5th?

Not having a Sixers player win the player of the week as yet is a bit disappointing, but I guess it goes to show that the boys are playing a real team game. It appears the team are enjoying themselves on the court (you always do when you are winning) and I would say this is from the pressure being taken off of our star players from everyone contributing all over the floor. Keep it up lads!

Willie for president!

Topic #1093 | Report this topic

will shakespeare  
Years ago

this season has a good feel - phil will make sure they peak at the right time - there is no reason why we can't pull it off this season - it's all about form ....

Reply #12176 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

I think this road double will be a big test of how well the Sixers will go this year.

Reply #12199 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

I agree MW. This is the first 'real' test the Sixers have had (i.e. on the road against The Kings etc).

If we can win both.... then we know the guys are definitely capable!

ShaneD

Reply #12201 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What are your tips? Reckon they can do it?

Sydney are without Wheeler and Green. Wildcats likely to be without Tucker?

If the Sixers prime four can stay healthy, I think that will prove to be a huge advantage against other teams with big players missing games (Burgess, Tucker, Freeman, Burston, etc).

Reply #12211 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

Just looking at the League Leaders stats on nbl.com.au and for PPG we have Farley, Rychart and Maher at 1, 3 and 4 in the league.

Reply #12215 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:56 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754