cpd
Years ago

That dunk

I captured Willie's dunk from Saturday but have nowhere to host it. Someone help out...

Topic #1095 | Report this topic

ashman  
Years ago

how big is it

Reply #12177 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What format? Send it through.

Reply #12179 | Report this post

cpd  
Years ago

704x576 DivX - 1.6MB. What's your email address? There's a similar thread at the Ozhoops board and I've emailed it to mattic, so he might follow through and post it as well.

It shouldn't be this hard for fans to see game highlights - are you listening NBL and 36ers?

Reply #12212 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

[email protected]

Send it through and I'll put it up.

Reply #12217 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Download it here:

Willie vs Melvin (1.6MB AVI)

You may need the DivX codec -- do a search on Google for somewhere to download; divx.com or something like that will have a free version for you I think.

As for the video, it's not the best angle and there's no audio, but play it at half speed and it's worth checking out.

Reply #12221 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I have watched it over and over and will do so every night before i go to bed!!!!

Reply #12255 | Report this post

Boony  
Years ago

You know, that's actually not a bad dunk :P

Reply #12256 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hard to catch the pull back unless you slow it down. Melvin did make a pretty decent attempt to stop it.

You can see Rocca smiling in the background, Jane Donovan wondering whether she should tell the dancers to get up and dance during the impending time-out, and Reesy's reaction too.

Reply #12258 | Report this post

cpd  
Years ago

download the codec at:

http://www.divx.com/divx/download/

I thought about slowing the frame rate, but that really detracts from the speed of the throw down IMHO.

Reply #12269 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

This video is, of course, courtesy of CPD.

Would've been awesome to have footage from another angle plus quality audio -- we can dream!

Reply #12272 | Report this post

Another Anonymous  
Years ago

That's the same footage that was shown on the news, just a bit longer after the dunk. Damn it was a sweet dunk. Pity the camera person wasn't down the other end or sitting where I was when I saw it live. Oh boy was it sweet, video footage just doesnt feel the same with players and refs in the way. Ah well i'll replay it in my mind.

I was sitting directly in front of willie when he was boosting the crowd after the dunk when facing the bench. 3 seats up too, damn it was good being so close seeing and hearing his reaction.

Reply #12274 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

keep rubbing it in to the people that didnt go LoL it would of been wicked to c live!!! man im hell jealous

Reply #12275 | Report this post

Another Anonymous  
Years ago

yer like I said before live was wicked. And if you were on the bench side of the court, that is where most of the celebration was focused at after the dunk. After the dunk he kept running in motion facing the crowd and pulled his arm hole of his singlet to one side (I have no clue why) but damn he seemed hyped up. I was out of my seat as soon as he left the ground. I first thought he was going to do a Jordan and fake up and do a reversal, but to see him pull it back and throw it down my jaw hit the ground.

Reply #12279 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah it looked bloody wicked!!!! I would of loved to b there!! hope is does another 1 like it!!! good to have him back!!

Reply #12280 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Pulling the singlet to one side was showing his "heart" I would imagine.

Reply #12282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah i was thinking that....... he has a big heart

Reply #12284 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

CPD - I dont know if you post on OzHoops as well..if not...email your vid through to [email protected], and if the quality is any good they will get it on air for the NBL Wrap show (probably in Carfinos plays of the week)

Reply #12293 | Report this post

Another Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeh that's one thing that came to mind Isaac as it was that side, although not like you could see his chest (which the ladies woulda prefered. haha.) he had a wife-beater on underneath.

Reply #12297 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I'm sure Carfino would have already seen it Yogge and have it cued for the NBL Wrap Highlights, a) he would have read the hype online and b) they would get a copy of each game tape.

BTW nice job getting it online.

Maybe you could do a weekly best play? :-)

Reply #12298 | Report this post

Underwhelmed  
Years ago

Wow! All this buildup & talk for what was an above-average dunk.

Reply #12337 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

I think it was a "had to be there" moment...looking at the footage I also did not think it was as good as people are saying, but from all reports it was the reaction of the crowd and Willie that made it all that.

Don't get me wrong, loved the dunk though!

Reply #12344 | Report this post

Nba  
Years ago

MW.... At least make it sound like you know something about basketball before you write

Reply #12447 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Good one wanker, anyone with any sense would understand what I am talking about...read Boti Nagy's column, he even said it looked better there than on replay and that is what I was getting at.

Go and get a life if that is all that you are worried about.

Mod's, please leave the "wanker" bit in because it is justified

Reply #12451 | Report this post

Nba  
Years ago

Sorry mate, only mucking around, I take it back... I just loved the dunk so much. Maybe it was better being there

Reply #12452 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It was better at the game. In the video you have to slow it down to even see Willie pull it back before he throws it down.

The atmosphere from that dunk will be hard to beat this season, IMO.

Reply #12453 | Report this post

Informer  
Years ago

I have certainly seen alot better at the Dome/Powerhouse since the Trimmingham Era dunks in the nbl are hardly worth talking about

Reply #12464 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I Have been to almost every sixers game since 1987...I have seen Billy Fikes at his best.... I have seen a lot of dunks in my time as a player and fan and i tell you that was the greatest dunk i have ever seen.....the footage does not do it justice it was phenominal athletisim and power in one play....next time get to the dome and witness it first hand

Reply #12472 | Report this post

whoa  
Years ago

ugly dunk. only good part about it was the end when he got the team up and hyped up along with the crowd. otherwise slowing down to try and dunk on someone is so bad, would rather see him do a 360 than some wanabe dunk on someone.

Reply #12613 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:02 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754