Nick
Years ago

Hawks: Coach Cooks Confident

Just read an interesting article on nbl.com which hda an interview with Eric Cooks. Here are some of the things he said:

"While the Club is sad to see Saville, Ballinger and Groves move on, it's certainly not all bad news. We now have plenty of salary cap and points available which allows us to approach players that before might have been out of the Club's reach."

"While I cannot reveal all the changes or acquisitions we are hoping to make, I am extremely confident of recruiting a fantastic blend of both youth and experience that I am sure is going to excite our fans with some fantastic up tempo play. Just as importantly I believe it will be this combination of youth and experience that will prove to be the key in putting up a strong challenge for the Philips Championship not only this year but in the many years to come."

"It really is an exciting time to be involved with the Wollongong IMB Hawks."

It's strange that he can be that positive and confident about the Hawks when it appears that they are in deep sh*t. Makes me wonder if it's real confidence or just stuff he says in the media to make the fans think everything is going to be fine.

Topic #11006 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Talk is cheap!

Reply #127607 | Report this post

Johno  
Years ago

Yeah i wish that they will start start signing some players soon. I think that the Hawks supports will be a late rush for season tickets waiting for news playing stock.

Reply #127613 | Report this post

kc4mvp  
Years ago

It will be all in the pudding.
Can't wait to see the signings.

At least the Hawks have 2-4 players signed BJ's BLAZE have none yet.
Singapore have 1

Its a great new era the Hawks are going into. Long term supporters are getting excited/Anxious to see the new team.

They announced the 12 Friday games today.
Wow what a difference that will make to the promotion of the game.

I hope my Name sake KC Frank stays.
But if he don't well have new roster to look at.

Hawks were looking very tired under BJ, I don't think his mind was on the Hawks.

Any Cookie sign away let us know what pearls you have as long as it not C.Bruton as assistant.

Reply #127623 | Report this post

Johno  
Years ago

I know that castle and campbell are under contract but i wonder you the other two are. I think that the Hawks will probley make some signings soon.

Reply #127627 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

I dont think you can expect the coach to come out and say anything different?

If he came out saying - "we have lost our 3 guns....I dont think we will be any good next season and will struggle to make the finals" I dont think he would have a job for long!

If they get a team together who are willing to work hard and do all the little things right and have some good chemistry together they MAY surprise and pull off a few good wins - who KNows. As said Earlier at least they more players than the GC Blaze at teh moment!

Reply #127682 | Report this post

DrB  
Years ago

just more typically crap spoken by another american coach in this league! A coach who shouldnt be there! Anyway hawks are screwed!!! and i am loving it!

Reply #127732 | Report this post

Bulldog  
Years ago

All the bagging, sounds like the same crap uttered by 36ers coaching staff last offseason

Reply #127786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DrB your are a tool. Who is more qualified in your books? Cooks is AUSTRALIAN and has played basketball in Australia since 86 (before you were born) about the time when your brothers & sisters were getting spat out or swallowed, behind the local blue light disco.

Reply #128084 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:59 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754