bball is life
Years ago

3 1 1 Halfcourt trap anyone?!?!?

yes....that is what one of the 2 South teams playing against each other at m/vale 2nite were told to run....a friggin' 3 1 1 Halfcourt trap!! HAHA. anyone heard of that before or is this most common?!? LOL. it cracked me up. got told by one of the players that this is what was instructed.....u tell me, is it worth it and does a 3 1 1 Halfcourt trap work?!? baaahahaha. never heard of that one in my whole life!!!

Topic #11007 | Report this topic

Stingray  
Years ago

It all depends on who your playing against doesnt it?

If a flat front line will put fear into the Offence than whay not use it? Doesnt sound crazy, adaptive most prob.

Reply #127651 | Report this post

Rodney carney  
Years ago

Is that like a 3 up full court press where you play man defence but you trap on the inbounds if its below the free throw line and then trap the corners at mid court? cause that press is killer, but you called it a trap so I dont think its the one. How was it set up... curious.

Reply #127654 | Report this post

smitty12  
Years ago

hence the HALFCOURT part of it...not a fullcourt press. how u get Half & Full mixed up is beyond me. didnt work though. was funny to watch and hear bout after the game tho...

Reply #127656 | Report this post

bball is life  
Years ago

It was a half court defence mate. Saw the team down come back and hit 16pts in the last minute or so. Went on a 16-0 run after doing a 2 2 1 full court trap!! This thread is about their half court defensive game that made me laugh as it didn't work for that South team.

Reply #127657 | Report this post

Rodney carney  
Years ago

yeh, I can imagine.

Reply #127663 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

A coach once told my team to go into a 3-1-2 halfcourt trap. Now THAT was funny.

Reply #127666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did you get away with it though?

Reply #127675 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ah Good to see that South are using sound defensive principles to devlop their players.

Reply #127697 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

the 1-2-1-1 trap is one of the best in basketball IMO, so the 3-1-1 couldn't be much different could it?

Reply #127720 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A 3 at the ball trap works well in U12's. By the end of U14 it is not very efective.

If it is used as a staple defence players dont learn how to contain their man.

Reply #127730 | Report this post

Who Me!  
Years ago

Of Course you all realise this is Divison 4 Men!, not juniors.

"bball for life" are you sure there might not be another reason why one team went on a 16 point run to finish the game, like the guard who came on and scored 13 of those points!

Reply #127782 | Report this post

Rodney carney  
Years ago

Smitty12, I didn't get half and full mixed up. 3-1-1 is a full court press defence and I've never heard of a 3-1-1 half court trap. Thats why I asked how they set it.

Reply #127838 | Report this post

h0bb1t  
Years ago

1-2-1-1 or 3-1-1 can be used effectivly as a half court trap... we used to run it in u/16 aND u/18 div 1... works well when run jus behind 3 1/4 court... only funny when people cant run it properly!

Reply #127870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about the old 1-1-1-1-1 trap?
The 5-0 trap has also been effective in the past.

Reply #128200 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:24 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754