Mufflover
Years ago

Luke Schenscher signed for remainder of season...

Link

Portland originally signed Schenscher, the 16th Gatorade Call-Up of the NBA season, to a 10-day contract from the NBA Development League's Fort Worth Flyers on March 15. The team then re-signed Schenscher to a second 10-day contract on March 25.

The Australian native has appeared in two games for the Trail Blazers, averaging 1.0 point and 1.5 rebounds in 3.5 minutes.

Topic #11013 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Clarky was first in with the topic, but this thread has more info so it wins the duel.

Great news for Schensch. I still think that if he can't get a run next season in the NBA, he will go to Europe.

Blazers might have had their hand forced on this by, first, the loss of Zach Randolph for the season, and then LaMarcus Aldridge indefinitely.

LaMarcus Aldridge left during the second quarter of Saturday's game against the LA Clippers after complaining of a rapid heartbeat and dizziness. He was taken to the hospital and treated for dehydration. He will miss Wednesday's game against the Utah Jazz and is out indefinitely.

Reply #127683 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

I didn't want to quote the whole article, but anyway...

Good news for the big guy, he should do well for the last few games with news just in that LaMarcus Aldrige out indefinitely with a rapid heartbeat and dizziness.
And with Przybilla out for the season the big guy could get some decent court time.

(Mod: My mistake - realise now that this one is just quoting the article as is and have stripped it back. Sorry Clarky, should've gone with yours!)

Reply #127684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does this put a dent in Phils plans??

Reply #127687 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simply yes it does.

Reply #127725 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

So far in todays game vs the Jazz, Schench has had 10mins of court time (at halftime) and has got:
1 DEF Rebound
1 Steal
1 Block

Doesn't look like much but when your up against the likes of Carlos Boozer, Mehmet Okur, Andrei Kirilenko AND you play for Portland....Its a good effort for the big guy, hope to see his minutes improve!

On a side note Boozer nearly has more rebounds than Portland as a team...

Reply #127734 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If you play for the Blazers, they're happy if you don't go to a strip club or shoot someone at half time...

Reply #127740 | Report this post

Bulldog  
Years ago

Anyone think it is overkill to have a sponsor for call-ups from the D-League?

The 16th Gatorade Call-up, c'mon!!

Reply #127788 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Not if they are willing to pay for the honor... "It bidness"...

Reply #127798 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Hey Bulldog, totally agree. You should hear that radio station that covers Townville Crocs games. Listen to a Crocs vs Sixers game once and it was shocking! They had sponsors for subs, the foul line, time outs and half time!! So the commentary sounded something like this: "It's 2 minutes until Commonwealth Bank half time and as John Rillie steps to the ANZ foul line we will have substitutions which are brought to you by Harvey Norman."

Reply #127818 | Report this post

jj  
Years ago

that is a joke. but hey,if i was runnin an NBL club, i'd take the $$$ where i could get it!

Reply #127873 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

then its not a joke.

Reply #127898 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

If I was running an NBL club I wouldn't want half the listeners to stop listening to my team's radio coverage because every second word has a sponsor.

Reply #127901 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

good point nick, but sponsors are going to bring in more cash than fans.

Reply #127905 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:06 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754