Philip Mountbatten
Years ago

Longley - a Hero!

Luc Longley has saved his family and is being hailed a hero after a blaze fire destroyed his family home overnight.

Story here about the incident.

Topic #11029 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hope those Bulls Rings were saved too!

Reply #127959 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yea would have been a tough call.... Save the rings or the kids??? I know what I would have done. IVF is always an option *JOKES*

Reply #127966 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

sad to lose all those memories good thing there was no personal injury or loss of life

Reply #127973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i was just reading his book running with the bulls...lots of interesting stuff 2 tell..

Reply #127987 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

That was a good book

Reply #127999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Longley a hero for saving his family? Oh yeah.. and his other choice was?

Headline should read "Longley saves his family in house fire- Quote "What would you expect me to do?"

Reply #128026 | Report this post

Stingray  
Years ago

Pretty small minded, dickhead. Way to be a stand up guy Luc.

Reply #128047 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yea, seriously, why is it that people who make simple choices like this, where they havent made even that big of a decision, seem to get labeled heroes? from what i can see in the story (not much said about the actual incident) is that he woke up and got his family out the house, not like he put his life on the line for a complete stranger.

Reply #128058 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Cab driver did that in Melbourne the other day .... Put his life on the line.

Pulled over, ran TO a burning car and pulled he driver out. Car exploded just as they got clear.

Whilst he was doing this, someone robbed his cab.

Just shows you the extremes of the best and worst of people.

Reply #128184 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Hero is an over used term in todays cheap media.

Dicko's story above sounds like a hero, one who puts there life at risk to save another.

There is NEVER a time to use the term hero in sport.

Reply #128208 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:28 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754