Liverpool fc
Years ago

Newley to sign with Sixers next week

Newley to sign with Sixers next week

Topic #11052 | Report this topic

thomo  
Years ago

would be good news if true, even if he did sign im sure he will be in the nba or europe before here anyway

Reply #128301 | Report this post

wolly  
Years ago

source???????

Reply #128315 | Report this post

dinozzo  
Years ago

Sorry, but Newley will not play NBL next season. He needs to improve his game and that will not be done in Australia as the competition is not good enough for what he needs!!

Reply #128318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All wrong is signing with the Tigers but wont be done until after the draft.

Reply #128320 | Report this post

skink  
Years ago

im getting deja vu, ive read this topic b4, it keeps popping up

Reply #128321 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Tigers sound pretty confident about getting him, FWIW. Though I have no idea what they could offer him in terms of playing time and shot opportunities, compared to the near-open-rein you'd expect in Adelaide.

Reply #128324 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

agree with thomo, wont be playing in nbl even if he does sign with sixers.

Reply #128325 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

with an out clause to the NBA?

Reply #128330 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He wont make NBA

Reply #128331 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

tigers would surely be at or extremely close to the cap both points and $$ but then again mcpeake could just flex his umm muscle i think and get him re rated

Reply #128334 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah might try and get points re-rated so the better the player the lower his points are.

Reply #128340 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

thomo - the talk is that they will let Dench go. They also will let Tucker loose, so could comfortably run with one import - if Newley were to leave, they grab an import to replace him - strong position.

Newley, though, would be having to share some minutes with Thomas and Barlow.

Reply #128341 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

well i hope Newley ends up wit the 36ers not the Tigers, as the Tigers would be scarey if they got him!! If the Tigers let Dench go would he be worth the 36ers signing if we miss out on Schenscher???

Reply #128346 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Well he IS a former Rookie of the Year! So HE MUST be good! (note hint of sarcasm)

Reply #128358 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

The idea of Seamus flexing ANYTHING just makes me want to puke.

Reply #128364 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Whats your latest take on the Newley situation DICKO? aCan you add anything in regards to where he is headed (Tigers or 6ers) if he stays in Oz?

Reply #128365 | Report this post

kdog  
Years ago

Im sick of these threads.

Can't we just wait and see?

Reply #128369 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont like the way the Sixers recruiting is going......they are making alot of noise but arent putting anything on the board!! At this rate we are going to be running with a b grade team once again and running poor Mahersy into an early retirement!!!

Reply #128381 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

I have nothing on Newley's movements, sorry.

My feel is, like most people have said, that he won't play NBL next season so any letter of intent type of arrangement won't be worth the paper it's written on.

Reply #128383 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I think you will hear very shortly that Copeland has been resigned.

Reply #128385 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Copeland gets re-signed I wont be re-signing on my membership!!

Reply #128388 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I thought it was either Barlow or Newley for the Tigers? To be able to get both is insane!!!

Reply #128390 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They are definitely trying to get both.

Reply #128394 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Copeland??? What are peoples thoughts, he did do ok last season, and if he were signed to split the minutes with Davidson in the backcourt with Maher sliding between PG and SG and allowing us to have a decent import SF i wouldnt be too upset, even though its not ideal, but id rather have Copeland playing half decent minutes in the SG spot than having guys like Majstro and Nash being our main SF's, which is why i would prefer the SF spot being used on the import.
Heres still hoping the 36ers are able to sign atleast 1, preferably 2 quality starting Australian players and a good 2nd import!

Reply #128414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Copeland Brought the most fire to the team outta everyone last yr if he's playing a LIMITED role maybe 10mins a game itd be good to resign him

Reply #128415 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Yeah, Copes is worth another go...
Showed a bit of passion last year....his, Nash's and Farley's!

Reply #128420 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Totally agree anon (#128415).

Reply #128422 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Copeland could be okay but a roster can't have Sutton, Ng, Nash, Davidson, Copeland and Cooper. Far too many role players right now.

Reply #128423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Copeland sucks......he just wants the ball to shoot.....he is a selfish player with a lack of knowledge for good shot selection! Add to that that he plays cr@p defence and you have a player that isnt going to offer this club much!! If you want him for his passion give him an assistant coaching role......its time for the old man to retire!!

Reply #128446 | Report this post

3guardfront  
Years ago

Just so easy for the anons to be extermely critical (#128446) , no face to lose!
I agree with Jonno (#128414), at least I know whose comments Im reading!

Reply #128535 | Report this post

tutes  
Years ago

Copeland sucks big time!
He's just as bad as Nash!

Reply #128586 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Tutes, that is an awful comment to make about any guy! However, whilst Copeland has been a great player for a long time, it is time to move on for this basketball club. No more room for role players as such. If you are wanting to get hold of someone to play limited minutes, then let's look at a young player from the local league - with the proviso though that they are given a genuine chance to prove themselves, not sat on their bum the whole year. Perhaps the development of young payers is something that could be incorporated into the coach's KPIs for this coming season? Don't you love all those weasel type words/terms used these days!

Reply #128599 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

The following comes from the NBL website. Westover's comments would suggest that Newley would fit in to the new direction.

Head Coach Al Westover confirmed Dench had been released in a bid to go in a different direction, "we need to change the team formula to a quicker side that will hopefully see the Tigers go one step further in season 2007/08," Westover said.

What chances Brad to Adelaide now???

Reply #128666 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Reply #128697 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Which is proabably the same as the chances of Newley actually being the NBL at all next year.

Reply #128714 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

youse xxxxx r retarded y wood he sign with the sixers when he cood get drafted in june????????????

Reply #129131 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

INSURANCE

Reply #129142 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Rumours have it that Newley signed with the Tigers today.

I hope not....

Reply #129269 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:13 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754