Dr Damage
Years ago

DEVELOPMENT CLINIC - Jan Stirling

This looks like a fantastic opportunity.
Chas what is the content Likely to be?
All coaches welcome?

When: Saturday 21st April 2007

Where: Marion Basketball Stadium
 home of the South Adelaide Basketball Club.

Time: 3.30  5.30 pm (Sharp)

Topic #11061 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

i read it on the south website - it referred to south people only from what i understood

Reply #128587 | Report this post

Dr Damage.....
Thanks for your enquiry on this clinic. As you have rightly identified, it is a fantastic opportunity.

ANY Coach or interested party can turn up................. regardless what of club colours or associations they may have. We welcome ALL members from the basketball community to this event.

Whilst it's an exclusive to South Adelaide in having Jan's attendance and her valuable coaching to our U16 and U14 Girls (who are attending on invitation) AND it may be a bit too much to ask for you to stay back and barrack for our ABL teams that will follow the clinic (playing against Southern Tigers) it remains an open forum to those coaches who would like to attend.

Jan is terrific in this environment (as she is in many areas) and to have the Head Coach of the Australian Opals gladly give her time to our club is sensational. All part of our very long road towards our junior development with the South Adelaide Basketball Club.

We look forward to seeing as many "guests" as those who wish to attend. All we are asking "on attendance" is a gold coin donation that will help fund the overall costs of the clinic and the DVD that we intend to create following the recording of the session.

Those visiting may wish to register for that should they wish to obtain the resource, again to the whole basketball community. Trust this clarifies our event.

Regards,
Chas McCormick,
Junior Development Program Manager
South Adelaide Basketball Club

Reply #128721 | Report this post

Dr. Damage
I apologise for not also answering your first point..... "what is the content Likely to be?"

Jan and I have discussed the content and she's pretty much going to be presenting at the level to which an U16 Girls program should be able to comprehend and work on.

The U14's will need to stay alert. But her primary focus will be on providing coaching and teaching points that all coaches can take away with them.

Whilst two hours is not long for this context, I'm sure that Jan will squeeze everything that she can into the session.

She'll not be returning from Europe until Wednesday 18th April (sometime) and I have a catch-up call to finalise the program on Thursday.

Her time in Europe was for watching and catching up with our Opal's players in those leagues. No doubt Jan will also share those experiences within the clinic.

Regards,
Chas - SABC - JDPM

Reply #128725 | Report this post

Phantom  
Years ago

Reminder everyone this is on THIS SATURDAY.

Will be a great afternoon...

Reply #130050 | Report this post

Hood 58  
Years ago

How was this clinic attended?

Good or otherwise?

Reply #133209 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:22 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754