Bo Hamburger
Years ago

Bulls, Knicks fight over Big Macs

This story almost snuck under the radar, which would have been a shame:

Dots to join:
1) Bulls thump Knicks, 98-69.

2) Fiery scenes post-game as Knicks accuse Bulls of running up the score.

3) Bulls have deal with McDonalds whereby fans get free Big Macs if team scores 100 or more.

Chicago's Chris Duhon acknowledged they were trying to feed spectators but denied trying to run up the score. Thabo Sefolosha missed a 3-pointer with 1:04 left, and Duhon missed two in the final minute. Malik Allen also missed a layup with 10 seconds left.

"We just wanted to do something for the fans," Duhon said. "I don't cook, so I wanted one myself."
David Stern weighed in the next day, giving the Bulls the OK: link.

Topic #11069 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought it was a rediculous reaction by the knicks players.

Steve Francis said they were "running up the score", so he got fired up.

More here:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/cs-070411bulls,1,4214098.story?coll=chi-sportstop-hed&ctrack=1&cset=true

Last time I checked, you should actually try to score as much as you can. What should the Bulls do, start playing terribly once they are up by 20??

Reply #128669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No to new York its all about edict remember, New York reckons one a score is beyond like 20 the bench players of the two teams should play.

Reply #128676 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

I'm surprised the Knicks didn't try to start a brawl again....

Isn't that what caused the one against the nuggets? Knicks thinking that the scores were being run up by the opposition??

Reply #128685 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

someone tell the Knicks it is the NBA not juniors...

Clearly the Knicks were not hungry?

Reply #128686 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lack of 'edict' by the nuggets casue the brawl so start

Reply #128701 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ITA, the knicks were probably worried that curry would put on another couple og kg with the free burgers

Reply #128705 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Maybe the Knicks should concentrate more on preventing themselves from getting thumped! That's just ridiculous that they have a whinge whenever they the get belted!

Reply #128706 | Report this post

Years ago

Here's a startling idea Steve Francis - You're in the NBA, so stop complaining and start playing some defense!

Reply #128730 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

Another ridiculous reaction from the Knicks. Shows their attitude and lack of heart when they complain when getting thrashed. I loved that Steve Francis "I don't even know his name...number 24 right.." when refering to Tyrus Thomas. He is no superstar anymore, perhaps he should stop living in a dilusional wonderland and try and recognise players on other teams.

Reply #128892 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:25 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754