Isaac
Years ago

Don Imus fired for Rutgers comments

A few people may be following this case.

Don Imus is a shock jock in the States. After the Rutgers women's basketball team lost the NCAA championship, he publically referenced them as a bunch of "nappy-headed hos". Racist and sexist - charming.

Today, CBS cancelled his show after a week of pressure including that by Al Sharpton and large companies pulling sponsorship and advertising.

Imus' show drew $20m in revenue last year.

Can't believe that it took any pressure or a week of it to force their hand - greedy bastards.

And it's hardly a one-off. In the 90s, Imus said of a black NY Times journalist that it was nice to "let the cleaning lady cover the White House," and referred to another black columnist as a "quota hire". He's called Venus Williams a masculine "animal" more likely to appear in Nat Geo than Playboy and called the US women's soccer team "juiced-up dykes". He has referenced Palestinians as "stinking animals" and said, "They ought to drop the bomb right there, kill 'em all right now."

He has referred to the "Jewish management" at employer CBS Radio as "money-grubbing bastards."

Shameful.

Topic #11081 | Report this topic

DB5  
Years ago

I dare say him and Tim Hardaway will be starting some sort of joint venture now...

Probably worth approaching Mel "sugar tits" Gibson as well now.

Reply #128854 | Report this post

"Sugar Tits" - Please explain ?

Reply #128886 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Mel Gibson when he was arrested DUI went into a racist tirade against the Jews...When taken back to the station, he referred to a female officer as "sugar tits"...

I figure Mel, Tim and Don would get along just fine..with Hitler and the KKK...and P.Hanson.

Reply #128894 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

Throw Alan Jones in with that group too.

Reply #128903 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

If we are talking about additions to the group, please include Michael (kramer) Richards, and John (children overboard) Howard

Reply #128937 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

No he should've been fired. This is all abunch of b.s. This is America. We have the right of FREE SPEECH. And if you don't like it you have the right not to listen. This man gettingfired for something like this is just saying that white people in this country have no backbone left. Black people are going to runit and the mexicans are going to run it into the ground. Watch and wait. I'm sure Sharpten and Jackson have said alot worse things about white people so they can shut the hell up and burn while they're there. If Imus was Black Al would've padded him on the back instead of complaining about it. Bottom line. He's a racist punk who opinion should be listen to by anyone.

Reply #129550 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wow, that's got to be just about the stupidest, most logically flawed and racist post I've seen in a while. Congratulations, you're a wanker of the highest order.

Reply #129553 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:06 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754