Ken Carter
Years ago

Why I left South Adelaide

This is a message to my south adelaide teammates.The club has told you guys that i deserted you guys and that is wrong.The reason i left there was the fact that Coach manning's mother threw me out her house for no reason.I did not desert you guys at all as i liked my time there and playing with you guys. If it was not for that incident i would have been there. The reason i am putting this on here is that i donot have the contact sheet to contact you guys.Anyway you all have my number so if you want to know what happenend then call. I did not want to put this on but i am not going to let anyone lie about me. To the people I met there it was my pleasure and i hope that all the players have a good season and i hope to see you soon.

Topic #11085 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

What the...???

Reply #128916 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What wre you doing with Coach Mannings mother???

Reply #128919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is so South.

Reply #128921 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

So....are the days of our lives, cant wait to watch this one

Reply #128927 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are u going to play elsewhere Ken?

Reply #128936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why don't you simply get your own place then Ken?

Reply #128942 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm sure she must have had good reason to "throw" you out?
Were you not doing the dishes? Making your bed? Taking the trash out?

Reply #128943 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahahahahahaahha

Nothing like keeping things in house is there...

Reply #128944 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

heheh..apparently, she didnt keep him "in house" lmao

Reply #128949 | Report this post

kdog  
Years ago

South Adelaide >>>> 36ers.

Reply #128952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who gives a rats? You should be able to get a gig with a reserves team in SA Ken.

Reply #128960 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Very professional Ken. I guess it would have been extremely hard for you to catch up with the team any other than this.

Reply #128967 | Report this post

Punter  
Years ago

I don't see a problem with the way Ken has done this he has told his side of the story has not bad mouthed anyone so give the guy a break.

Reply #128976 | Report this post

Spectator..  
Years ago

I would have thought with the amount of bricks he had thrown up this season he would've built his own house...mansion that is!

Reply #128979 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let the man go hes done his best to let the team know wats happened and id hope he suits up for someone in the near future

Reply #128982 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Of course there's another version that seems quite plausible to me, and it favours South rather than Carter. I wouldn't be too quick to judge the Panthers on this one.

Reply #128984 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Ken are you coach Mannings SON???

Reply #128986 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

please explain Isaac

Reply #129000 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

You will be able to check Ken's stats for the Bathurst Goldminers in some crappy league in NSW this weekend.
Maybe we should ask Ken's wife for the real reason he left???

Reply #129003 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

me - not my place to do so. Just wanted to put a little weight behind South's case having heard the details of their version of events.

Reply #129009 | Report this post

panther u have no idea you r a knob

Reply #129017 | Report this post

tip of the week......ken carter scores 40 for goldminers this weekend. go show em ken

Reply #129019 | Report this post

Everyone above - Ken did the right thing and put his story out there. He was a good bloke which I met and he was good for South. He was meant to get his own unit supplied by South but South's idea was the coach's mums house. Anyway Ken , good luck mate.

Aaron.

Reply #129027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tip of the week... Ken to tell everyone he's gonna score 40!
South alot better off without him!
Aaron, unless you are in the team you have no idea if he was good for them!

Reply #129031 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

I don't get all of this.....

Isaac what are you getting that i'm not?

Reply #129038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ken was never offered a unit by south. They offered him a hand(coach's mothers house) as his family was suppose to move over to SA. He was going to GET A JOB and his OWN UNIT in time when asked when he was going to get a unit, he up and left SA for......Bathurst.Must have thought he would use up every bit of goodwill he could!!!

Message to Ken - your 45 now it is time to grow up and take responsibility for your actions.

Aaron, Ken was not good for south at all. None of the South players rated him.

I Know

Reply #129044 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

This is too bloody weird...

Reply #129077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

your too bloody weird, let it go bro, has nothing to do with you obviously!

Reply #129078 | Report this post

Peter Hodgkison  
Years ago

South have finished the Ken Carter experiment, which for whatever reasons didn't work out to the satisfaction of either party.

Ken has been cleared to Bathurst and we wish him the best.

Rather than worry about who is not playing, the Club would prefer to focus on tonight's game and who is playing.

As most on here would be aware Shane Ahmatt makes a return to Marion for the first time in several years, however not as many would be aware that tonight is also Dan Kosmider's 200th ABL (or State League) appearance for the Panthers.

Ken's departure has also opened the way for one of the Club's U20 players, Sam Harding to make a well deserved debut into ABL ranks.
All 3 of those matters are far more important to the club, than why another player chose to leave.

Peter Hodgkison
Vice Pres - Senior Men
South Adelaide Basketball Club

Reply #129086 | Report this post

Andy Millman  
Years ago

well said vp

Reply #129091 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

now i get it!

Reply #129104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #129111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good Luck Sam Harding! Hope you see some court time! Remember our talks on what to do post game.

:PP

Reply #129116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

P

Reply #129343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well done to Sam Harding on his debut game! nice effort!

Reply #129344 | Report this post

miner  
Years ago

So what really happened? can this guy play? if he is so good what the hell is he doing in bathurst. that league is for chunps. how can he think he is going to play in spain after playing nsw state league?

thanks
miner

Reply #129369 | Report this post

All the way  
Years ago

Where is Harold, miner?

Reply #129397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is a matter for Ken and his players. His little discussion here is inappropriate and he should have contacted his fellow players HIMSELF and told them, rather than posting shit on here. I think its about time Ken grew up and turned into an adult taking responsibility for his actions...not always blaming everyone else.

Reply #129417 | Report this post

Big Kahuna  
Years ago

You sound like your U10. Really, do the club a favor and stay off the site till you are older. Bloody school holidays!

Reply #129422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah sure u10's...good one...They do have a point tho what happened to players taking responsibility?

Surely this is only a matter for the player and his club and is not up for scrutiny by every person that it does not actually involve. Ken should have been more PROFESSIONAL and kept the club in mind, they have done nothing wrong in this situation.

Reply #129451 | Report this post

Jennings  
Years ago

Boner is way hotter than carter.. see him cross 6pts on debut and shredding up the west guard.. yeew

Reply #129461 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Get back to your studies Jennings!!!

Reply #129463 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

now you get it abc123...care to share with the rest of us??

Reply #129464 | Report this post

SomeOneElse  
Years ago

Maybe You Should Teach Him Beter Panther

Reply #129471 | Report this post

SomeOneElse  
Years ago

Maybe You Should Teach Him Better Panther

Reply #129472 | Report this post

Jennings  
Years ago

maybe you should post comments twice... and panther i do what i want

Reply #129480 | Report this post

Ken's wife  
Years ago

Just a little note from Ken's wife in relation to all your comments. Firstly when Ken was offered the position he was promised accomodation, a car and cheap flights for his family to come to watch him play. Unfortunately none of this came to fruition and he was placed in the Coach's parents house as a temporary measure, the club never came up with his own place. I was never coming to live in Adelaide having a job and family in Melbourne, and he was lent the coachs fathers car to drive. Unfortunately the coaches mother asked him when he was leaving and as he had now where else to reside he came home. Ken was then informed that incorrect information was being given to you the players and he wanted you guys to know that he didnt desert you and the club without you knowing was also blocking his clearance. As he had no way to contact you all he thought this was the best forum.
Now its time to move on.....

Reply #135705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would just like this thread to die, but Ken's Wife if you believe what you have written here then you are sucked in to the bullshit talk that Ken speaks as well.
No Promises were ever offered and you were coming to Adelaide to live.....according to the gospel that Ken preached from.
As for car house and cheap flights...crap. Love, we have a salary cap and none of this would have fitted under it, so once again Ken was speaking shit.

Reply #135717 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heard he has left another club now and off to Perth. What a joke this guy is.

Reply #139255 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

where u hear the from? anyone know if this is true?

Reply #139839 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

http://www.leaguelineup.com/welcome.asp?url=sportinghound

Ken Carter Leaves Bathurst

The Bathurst Goldminers Mens State League team would like to announce that Ken Carter will be leaving the team effective immediately.

Ken will be playing in Perth as of this weekend.

We wish him the best in his future endeavours and thank him for his time spent playing in Bathurst.

Top bloke....

Reply #139849 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anyone fill me in? who is this guy?

Reply #139872 | Report this post

SomeOneElse  
Years ago

Moved to the SBL in Perth so he could 'play in the playoffs,' seems mature to me... He's at the Willeton Tigers.

Reply #139876 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

So maybe South will develop its Junior sides now?

Reply #139895 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Here's a piece from their website:

After the game we sadly said goodbye to Bryce Burch, who will be returning to America, and welcomed newcomer Ken Carter who played his first game last night after only arriving on Friday.

Link

Reply #139904 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Well it looks like Ken will get a chance to play the position he probably deserves...Bench!
With the stacked team that they have, Ken is unlikely to get too many minutes, just like last game...7 minutes. My guess is he'll be with a different team before the end of the season...which is in 2 games...lol

Reply #139952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i see he is getting no minutes and also making saw his turn over to minutes ratio is kept well!! maybe they offered him those flights for the family that south couldn't??? My pick is for Ken carter to be playing his next basketball in Antartica. They might give him a go playing with the seals.....

Reply #142237 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anyone know what club has succomb to the Ken Carter bullshit now??

Reply #156360 | Report this post

Sharlene Shepard  
Years ago

This man is Bad News so i wouldnt belive to much,im suprised he didnt **** all the south teams wifes or girlfriends.Stay Away if comes by he will take you all for everything.

Reply #162033 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

My pick is for Ken carter to be playing his next basketball in Antartica. They might give him a go playing with the seals.....

I don't think he'll fit in.

Reply #162063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KEN CARTER CANT PLAY BALL FOR SHIT THATS WHY HE KEEPS CHANGING TEAMS, ALSO HE HAS TO FIND WOMAN TO SUPPORT HIM EVERYWHERE HE GOES. THE MANS A CON ARTIST TO ALL!!!!

Reply #162094 | Report this post

kencarterhaters  
Years ago

Ok i will set the storey straight lol ken got kicked out cos he was with the mother.Ken cant seem to keep it in his pants.Anyway whoever did go near him,go get tested straight away!!!!

Reply #174668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i wonder how panther got the info from league line up ????

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Reply #193852 | Report this post

bob  
Years ago

Haha Ken Carter came and took our club in Melbourne for a ride big time. Some quotes included, "Jus Gimme Da Ball an I'll Take This Team to Da Finals!"

After getting the axe after just 3 games he was "gona go 'n play in spain"

Reply #243812 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:29 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754