dry back
Years ago

Larry Abney: Where will he end up?

with the crocs putting up the deadline for larry to sign and no news so far, is larry going to jump camp?

i heard that NZ threw $80000 more then the crocs were offering but cairns have also had there eye on him and with the money they are throwing around he may just head north.

with the way things are going cairns we be unbeatable if they end up getting black jr and a decent import C and larry tags along.

PG - Mee/Cook
SG - Black/Grabau
SF - Cat/Boodnikoff
PF - Abney/Jawai
C - Import/Smith

Topic #11110 | Report this topic

AK-47  
Years ago

If Cairns sign Abney will they resign Owens?

Reply #129403 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Can't imagine that they'd get Owens back.

Cairns are a big money team and not someone you want to come up against in a bidding war. Can't see the Crocs being a chance against Cairns or NZ, though it may depend on what Larry is looking for.

Reply #129405 | Report this post

My vote is NZ, money to spend and need a reliable known entity. Combine him with Kavossy and you have a great 1-2 punch.

Reply #129413 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Would be a good target for them, you'd think:

Franklin/Henare/Kersten
Olson/Charleton
Forman/?
Ronaldson/Vukona
Abney/Behrendorff

Not sure what Abney is like as a defender, but Kavossy and Ronaldson can online help their defense.

Reply #129414 | Report this post

Tree Rollins  
Years ago

Sorry, I must have missed something. Ronaldson, as in Tony?

I tought NZ wanted to move towards a faster, up tempo running game???

Reply #129416 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Needed leadership and defense, so I guess those won out.

Reply #129419 | Report this post

Neptuneboy  
Years ago

Dragons with Hill?

Reply #129450 | Report this post

NBL superfan  
Years ago

Its confirmed, The bird man is in cairns. I am now a Taipan fan. Cattalini, mee, black, and now Abney. As long as too many cooks don't spoil the soup we have a championship team in the making. This was by far the biggest offseason move of the year.

Reply #129990 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Doesn't sound like a dinner I need to attend.

Reply #129995 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Larry might like the challenge of the Adelaide team after the intensive jeers he received last season after inflicting a season ending injury on Hill. Would be interesting to see how the Adelaide crowd embrace him.

Reply #129998 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:19 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754