Isaac
Years ago

Pepper to Hawks, Abney to Taipans?

Current rumours are Ben Pepper to the Hawks (I dare say they'd be putting up a lot of cash from their meagre supply to get themselves at least one reasonable signing) and Larry Abney to Cairns (massive offer to beat NZ from the sounds of things).

I reckon you might be able to bank on the Abney signing, but not as sure on Pepper.

Topic #11117 | Report this topic

Years ago

To be honest i couldnt imagine Pepper wearing the hawks uniform.Beside that Whats he worth money wise and his point system???

Reply #129512 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He played for the Newcastle Falcons in 96/97 and Hawks in 02/03, so it wouldn't be a bizarre stretch.

He's rated a 10. I would've said $120k in normal times, but it's a player's market, so could be asking anything up to or over $150k?

Reply #129514 | Report this post

Years ago

oh ok, might not be too bad for him?

Reply #129522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

$120K did u say isaac?

maybe we should offer him $120K to play in Adelaide? we did pay Wheeler $100K to sit out most of the season injured, what's another $20K?

Reply #129554 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

That would've been in the past. Could be asking $150k now.

Reply #129570 | Report this post

knackers  
Years ago

$150k would not be anywhere close enough to get Pepper.
Unfathomable, but true!

Reply #129593 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yes, that was a low estimate. My guess is that the Hawks would be designating Pepper as their franchise player and building around him.

Reply #129594 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Cairns offer to Abney is reportedly:

US$165,000 for the first year, US$185,000 for the second year plus a car, plus accommodation plus extras.

Everyone has their price it seems.

Reply #129753 | Report this post

thats got to put him close to marquee player status. i wonder whats going on in cairns.

i thought they already had a marquee player not sur which one though

hehehehehehehehe
carn the 36ers

Reply #129767 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They have three players well over $200k.

Reply #129768 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:31 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754