Isaac
Years ago

Forum change: Grrr! link added

Two more forum changes for this week.

The first is pretty basic - each reply ID in a topic is now a link to a URL - that URL enables you to email a reference to the individual post to someone. For those familiar with the term, it's essentially a permalink - nothing exciting.

The second is alongside that, and also on topic posts - a small grey Grrr! link. Click that on a post you think is inappropriate, and you'll be taken to a complaint form - there you enter your name and email address (pre-filled if you're a registered user), note the type of complaint (spam, offensive language, etc), add an optional comment, and hit the button at the bottom. It automatically includes a link to the post and its contents in the outgoing message.

I'm probably going to have to build in something that stops multiple people all complaining about the same post!

If you have any other problems or suggestions, use the Contact Hoops SA link in the sidebar on every page.

Topic #11121 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just so you know your implementation of permalinks doesn't work in firefox 2.0.0.3

Reply #129590 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Should be fixed. Let me know if you still have problems.

Reply #129600 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Is "booga post" a legitimate complaint?

Reply #129618 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Could be if he stays on his current path!

Reply #129626 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Sorry Isaac, for computer illiterate among us..can you please re-explain the permalink..how it works..where it is..what it does for us?

BTW,

Love the site...thanks for ALL your efforts.

Reply #129637 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If you want to link to a topic, the URL is in the address bar of your browser - easy. If you want to link to a specific post, you'll need an 'anchor' - for your post "#p129637" appended. When clicking a post in the Latest Posts sidebar, this is done automatically.

You can right-click the reply ID in a topic now, and Copy Shortcut so as to paste it to someone.

Reply #129638 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

cheers :)

Reply #129639 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Also just wondering when was the "john casey bingo" link added. And was it just something you did when you were bored one evening isaac :P

Reply #129661 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yes, built it one night for the hell of it. Has been linked for less than a week, but was running at a different address for a while longer.

Reply #129663 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Isaac the ABL Bingo is gold mate!
Just saw it before, have been laughing ever since...

Reply #129678 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Taking suggestions for more additions to it if anyone wants to contribute - so far those are from myself and one of the players in the league.

Reply #129680 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is the bingo all about??? I just dont get it!!!

Reply #129681 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Have you ever played bingo?

You're given a grid of numbers. As an event happens (in real bingo, the caller announces a number picked out of a bowl/cage/barrel), you cross it off. Everyone has a different grid. If you can cross off everything in yours before everyone else, you call out "Bingo" and win.

Very popular amongst retirees. Garage Bar runs a bingo night with a bit of a modern twist most weeks I think.

Reply #129685 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:39 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754