sublimnl
Years ago

NBA Playoffs in Australia?

How can I watch the playoffs here? This is my first year in Australia. I have Foxtel, are the playoff games better covered on TV here than the regular season was? My Rockets are going CRAZY right now heading into the playoffs and I GOTTA WATCH!!!!

Topic #11128 | Report this topic

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

yer they are convered on foxtel fearly well. im cant wait to see my lakers knopk phoenix out this year not a repeat of last!!

Reply #129673 | Report this post

sublimnl  
Years ago

well, I hope you are right about the first point, cause you are dead wrong about the second! :)

Reply #129674 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

haha well thats if i can spell lol

Reply #129705 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Fox Sports didnt cover NBA last season, only ESPN which did a decent enough job of the Playoffs except only showing one side of the conference finals (East I think from memory) :-( Also they will never be forgiven for NOT showing the ALL Star game a few years ago!

Hopefully ESPN pick up EAST and FOX give us WEST for the conference finals or something like that :-)

Reply #129724 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

yer but last year was different with espn having most of the rites and all. this year it will be more even with with espn and fox sports showing it.

Reply #129725 | Report this post

dinozzo  
Years ago

The coverage is poor! Like fox sports has anything better to show. They need to lift there game, at least for the playoffs!!

Reply #129747 | Report this post

sublimnl  
Years ago

Soooo, can I expect to see all first round games? Or whatever they select to show...in which case I am out of luck as Houston vs Utah is not thought to be a marquee matchup :( Maybe the 2nd round.

Reply #129778 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

nah mate houston will be there i can gaurentee!

Reply #129784 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

A game every second day is normally what ESPN would show through the playoffs. No idea what Fox Sports will serve up for us.

Reply #129803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm a Canadian also rather new to sunny (and much warmer) Aus. If the games are not on Fox Sports or ESPN can you get the games on satellite? **Is there anywhere you can watch games that arent on those 2 channels?** Pubs, anything? Somehow someway I need to watch the Raptors kill VC and the nets.

Reply #130070 | Report this post

Dan  
Years ago

It actually doesn't look too good for the first week. I've looked through the Foxtel TV Guide and there's only ONE game scheduled to be shown between Sunday and next Friday and that's on Sunday. Nothing on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday...

Reply #130157 | Report this post

speedy  
Years ago

I wouldn't depend too much on ESPN. They were crap last year concentrating instead on poker, fishing and dogs .... your only hope is FOXSPORTS .. i've written to them to ask why they suddenly dropped their NBA coverage during the playoffs ??? .. they had 2 games a week during the reg season then abandon fans when it counted ... really hard to follow NBA in Aus !!!

Reply #130227 | Report this post

sublimnl  
Years ago

well, that ONE game on ESPN sunday morning is the only game that sounts for me that day. Houston VS Utah, so I am thankful for that! But nothing else all week long! DAMN!!

Reply #130316 | Report this post

speedy  
Years ago

it's hard being an NBA fan is Aus. I pretty much given up following .. since I can't watch it anyways...

Reply #130475 | Report this post

Joshua  
Years ago

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/NBATvAustralia

Reply #132795 | Report this post

JAY23  
Years ago

ESPN International's Coverage of the Playoffs 2007

As per their contract with the NBA.

1st Round - 3 games (Well thanks for no DAL vs GSW)
2nd Round (Conf Semi's) - 5 Games.. As of 14/5/07, 2 Down 3 Left.
All of the Western Conference Finals
All of the Finals

Thanks ESPN....we are not worthy.

Reply #133975 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:12 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754