DB5
Years ago

Playoff Matchups

With final games being played, most of the jostling for seedings is over.
Matchups will look like:

EAST:
Heat vs Bulls
Raptors vs Nets
Pistons vs Magic
Cavaliers vs Wizards

WEST:
Mavericks vs Warriors/Clippers
Suns vs Lakers
Spurs vs Nuggets
Jazz vs Rockets

Clippers need to win and Warriors to lose for them to leapfrog into the playoffs.

Personally I think it is awesome that Nellie has got the Warriors back into the playoffs, would love to see them win a series.
And they have beat Dallas a few times already this season including yesterday.
Predictions?

Topic #11154 | Report this topic

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

LAKERS UPSET OVER SUNS.. will be tough but i rekon we can do it in 7 games!

Reply #130038 | Report this post

shauno  
Years ago

i reckon your wrong... raja will dominate kobe.

Bulls to beat the heat, dwayne cant carry them this playoffs

Raptors over nets

Cavs over wizards

Mavericks sweep

Suns easily

Nuggets to upset spurs

Rockets over jazz

Reply #130041 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Kobe-for-MVP, you are on one hell of a dreamride my friend.. What is the lakers record over the last 30 games of the season?

Reply #130042 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Phil Jackson is a coach who has proven to step up his game come playoffs, not to mention Kobe. I'm not saying that they'll win it but the lakers have a decent season record against suns. Might give them a bit of a scare

Reply #130044 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

yer wats there last 2 games running into the playoffs.. 11 point win over seattle and currently a 14 point lead over sacramento. The lakers have proven to everyone they can beat the big name teams and well the playoffs are a different ball game all together. Im not saying there going to go out and dominate the suns or anything because that is never going to happen what im saying is i rekon it will be a repeat of last year but this time we come out on top.

Reply #130045 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Lakers have 3rd worst record behind Memphis and Boston after the all star break

Bulls
Raptors (revenge against VC)
Pistons
Cavs

Mavs (will be pushed though)
Suns
Spurs (could be pushed)
Rockets

The west is looking fun - I say Mavs v Suns and Pistons v Cavs

Suns v Pistons Final

Suns

Nash MVP

Reply #130048 | Report this post

biilups 1  
Years ago

Detroit in 6 ova the magic.
Bulls ova heat,
raptors ova nets,
cavs ova wizards

I dont understand why people are even suggesting that the Lakers will progress against the Suns. All u kobe lovers start chanting M! V! P! coz Nash is gonna tear the lakers a new a@# h$!% along with his buddies raja, amare, and sean.

Reply #130049 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

anon i like the way you put it. Phil and Kobe have proved in the past to step up and they will. records mean nothing when it comes to the playoffs. Did anyone think the lakers would push phoenix like they did last year? huh.

and i disagree Dirk for the MVP in my mind. look wat he has done with dallas, awesome!
Nash plays no D. he is a great player but two is enough for my mind.

Reply #130051 | Report this post

JKIDD#5  
Years ago

will be good to see Vince get up over his old team this play off series

Reply #130053 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Bulls
Cavs
Jersey
Pistons
Mavs (in 6)
Suns (in 6)
Spurs
Rockets

Dirk-MVP
Barbosa-6th Man
Deng-Most Improved (do they still do this?)
Camby-Defensive

Reply #130054 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Suns and Bulls for the Championship with Suns winning in overtime of 7th game. Theres the predicition.

Reply #130059 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

EAST:
MIA vs CHI - Bulls in 6
TOR vs NJN - Raps in 7 (This may be THE series of the first round)
DET vs ORL - Pistons in 4
CLE vs WAS - Cavs in 5

WEST:
DAL vs GSW - Mavs in 7
PHX vs LAL - Suns in 5
SAS vs DEN - Spurs in 6
UTA vs HOU - Rockets in 6

Reply #130079 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

Dirk can only help the team by scoring - - he cant make his teammates better the way nash can. nash is irreplaceable where as dirk's spot on the team could be filled by tonnes of other players in the league and the mavs record would not suffer as a result. also - kobe does get up for the playoffs (as proven) but the suns should still have no trouble. im pumped for raps-nets, vc should get whats coming to him, and i think the warriors are a very dangerous team and could cause upset of the century! great shooting team, great depth, great point guard, great defensive big men, not at all an '8th seed'.

Reply #130094 | Report this post

yeah, it's real easy to step up when you have jordan/pippen and kobe/shaq in your lineup.

Reply #130256 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

i wasnt concurring that phil jackson steps up - - i understand he is one of the luckiest coaches in history

Reply #130259 | Report this post

and come on. the only reason it took suns 7 games to beat LA last year is because kobe changed his game. now the suns are ready for a kobe explosion or a passing game. he hasn't got any big surprises left

Reply #130262 | Report this post

and i was referring to post 130044, not you jules

Reply #130263 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

yeah - i just realised who u were referring to after i posted it - but still...i dont think theres much u can do to slow kobe - hes gonna get his points...the element of surprise is not what kobe does...i cant remember the last time i was actually surprised he scored 50

Reply #130279 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:54 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754