Anonymous
Years ago

QABL rd 1

i know its not the best league, but check out some of these stats for the opening round

Kingma 35pts 29rbs 10/21FG 15/22FT
3bs

Drew Williamson 46pts 13rbs 3as 7st
14/24 FG 9/15 3pt 9/11 FT

Topic #11190 | Report this topic

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

What do you think the defence is like in this league? I think each team scores about a billion points each......

Reply #130394 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I've said it just recently, but I think Kingma might be a little improved if a team wanted to pick him up. Could do worse.

Reply #130396 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Isaac, why would you settle for second best just because you could do worse. I would hope the 36ers would strive to get the best. I wouldn't be happy with anything less. Until now I've stayed completely out of the debate about who the 36ers should sign. I don't particularly care who they sign provided the team is capable of winning a championship. Anything less and you may as well save your money and don't bother. Its either all or nothing for me.

Reply #130425 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You can't always have the best. Otherwise we'd want Anstey in the middle, Cattalini back, etc. You don't stop competing because you can't sign the best.

Who else is out there? Rampton and Pepper are said to have been secured. Not leaving a whole heap of good options in the middle. Getting an import C can be difficult (you might get a Burgess, you might get an Owens).

Reply #130485 | Report this post

Qlder  
Years ago

Exactly Isaac! Taipans had a wasted year in the centre spot. Take a local centre where possible and use imports in the 1 ,3 or 4 spot.

Reply #130548 | Report this post

David K  
Years ago

Am i reading that right, Kingma 29 boards, that's sensational and gotta be close to a record haul. He has been playing in a league O/S i believe. He should come back and play for his local Manly team in that kind of form. I liked his time at the Kings, he always got the crowd going with his wildman antics. I wonder who'll pick him up in the NBL

Reply #130565 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Might be time for the NBL to look at 3 imports per team. Good Australian players are becoming scarce. We seem to lose more to overseas than what we can replace them with. The quality of the league suffers if you don't put together a quality team and supporters will be lost.

Reply #130571 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Teams like Cairns, Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne are nine deep. They key is to reduce the points cap and spread the talent. Then all teams would be signing a Petrie-type player as a gamble rather than some clubs being forced to gamble on half of their roster.

No need to bring in more imports when you can more evenly spread the talent and provide opportunities for young players at the same time.

Reply #130598 | Report this post

Qlder  
Years ago

Mate I can tell you a QABL team could beat the 2006/7 36'rs.....

Reply #130679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pffft, the ONLY decent team in Qld is Southern Districts........and they've bailed to join a "real league".

Reply #130688 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:44 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754