Isaac
Years ago

Jazz at Rockets (spoiler)

The Houston Rockets have moved to a 2-0 lead in their series against Utah, winning 98-90.

The Jazz had a career high 41 points, 12 rebounds and six assists from Carlos Boozer (including 17/30 FG) but Andrei Kirilenko racked up five fouls in 18 minutes, Mehmet Okur went 2/9 from the field for just four points, and they could not match the Rockets guns.

Tracy McGrady put up 31 points (9/29 FG), 10 rebounds and fives assists as the Houston overcame a 36-45% accuracy deficit to win. Yao Ming had 27 points (9/24 FG) and nine rebounds while the other three Rockets starters managed double figures.

The Rockets have been tipped by ESPN pundits to win the series in six games.

T-Mac got an "MVP! MVP!" chant in the dying minutes.

---

In a more predictable series, Detroit moved to 2-0 against Orlando, also winning 98-90.

Topic #11219 | Report this topic

Nutwork  
Years ago

Do you think AK's days are numbered in the Mormon state?

How many teams would pick up that big contract?

I wonder if New York are already on the phone.

Reply #130659 | Report this post

Ak-47  
Years ago

2 shockers from AK. Okur hasnt been having a great series either. Thinkgs just havent clicked but if they are going to go anywhere in the playoffs this year things better start clicking fast. Wonder what Kirilenko would look like in the Knicks colours....

Reply #130660 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

I think a team like the Celtics will be going mad to try get him.

If they get Durant they could have

C - Jefferson
PF - AK
SF - Durant
SG - Pierce
PG - Rondo

Bench - West, Wally, Perkins - that is a team

Reply #130683 | Report this post

Who Me!  
Years ago

I think for the Celtics to get someone like AK47 they would probably have to trade Wally World to get Salaries to match up!

It works on realgm's Trade Checker and Utah might do it, because Wally has only 2 years left on his contract, whereas AK has 4

Reply #130692 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:54 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754