BG
Years ago

Help buying NBA tickets

Heading over to the US in October and trying to buy tickets to an NBA pre-season game.

Lakers have a game in Anaheim on 23rd of October. Ticketmaster site says its on sale however I only get a message "The ticketing system is unavailable due to
routine maintenance" every time I log in.

Has anyone purchased tickets online from Australia before?

Thanks for any assistance

Topic #11225 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

this may help.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/09003E77F851D67B?brand=lakers

Reply #130757 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Try emailing the Lakers PR person. They may be able to hook you up with good seats at a decent price...maybe even courtside. It worked for me.

Reply #130770 | Report this post

NBA  
Years ago

Google coast to coast tickets.
I went over to the US last year and i bought my tickets through there.
Got to c the great Lebron James!

Reply #130847 | Report this post

Bella  
Years ago

www.ticketmaster.com then click the relevant buttons!
The tickets usually left for us mere visitors (unless you are a zillionaire) are up in the nose bleed area but the atmosphere up there,though a little thin, is fantastic!
Not sure if you would be interested, but if the Clippers are playing around that time also well worth a look. We basically just turned up to their game and got seats almost on the courtside for quite reasonable price.
We picked our tickets up from The Staples when we got there no dramas (just need your passport/ID) but you need to be early (quite a crowd!)
Tip: If the Fox Sports Bar at the complex is still there it was great for a very tasty, HUGE (as only could be expected in America) meal at a good price.
Enjoy your trip!

Reply #130850 | Report this post

Whitey  
Years ago

I know this topic was from last year, but I have been trying all day through TicketMaster for a Clippers v Celtics game to be played on Feb 25. We'll be getting into LA that morning so I thought I'd buy in advance. The problem with TicketMaster is they require a USA address to register the Exchange purchase (ie. Buying the season tix of those ticket holders). I'll follow the suggestions above in order:
1. Coast to Coast tix
2. The Clippers PR (hope I have as much pull as KWest)
3. Lob up in the morning and play the dumb Aussie

Any fresher advice would be really appreciated

Reply #171927 | Report this post

pifful  
Years ago

Hi, I too would like some advice. I'm looking to going to New York early March and want to catch the Warriors v Nets in Jersey. I'm a warriors fan so what's this about emailing PR about hook ups? Also I found this website stubhub.com where it seems people who have season passes must sell their tickets to games they don't want to go.

Any help would be great.

Reply #294183 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:43 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754