Isaac
Years ago

NBA Coach of the Year: Sam Mitchell

SAM Mitchell, who guided the Toronto Raptors to their first division title, was named National Basketball Association (NBA) Coach of the Year overnight.

Mitchell defeated Jerry Sloan of the Utah Jazz by a healthy margin in voting for the award named for legendary NBA coach Red Auerbach.
Reasonable and popular choice I would've thought?

Topic #11230 | Report this topic

JohnnySack  
Years ago

Yes - Mitchell has been a study in perseverence... for the last 2 years or so he has been hanging (or so it would seem) by his fingernails on to the job... Had to weather VC, Alonzo Mourning`s ultra-petulance, Skip "Get the #### out of here and go back to And-1" to my lou, Mike "I owe Kevin McHale half my contract in kickbacks" James... and various other ails... Very well deserved in my opinion... Liked him from his playing days as a non-nonsense, tough as nails, honest player... Seems to be the best kind of character to move on to a coach...

Reply #130792 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Word is that the Indiana Pacers will throw the book at him in an attempt to lure him to Pacer-land.

Reply #130795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wat happened to avery johnson??

Reply #130817 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Mark Cuban and his unlimited means happened... He's done a great job - but look at what he has...

Reply #130819 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:43 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754