Dandyman
Years ago

State champs - more of the same ?

I believe it is that time of the year over there again - state champs - who is gonna win what ?

I suppose Sturt will dominate the boys again and North the girls.

Why aren't you having it over a long weekened like you used too ?

Hope the comp is good and see all you winners at the classics in june.

Do we know what pool Norwood u/16 boys are playing in or what division they put their best team in ?

Topic #11291 | Report this topic

rib cracker  
Years ago

may the best teams win - hope all enjoy the experience

Reply #131524 | Report this post

jh  
Years ago

who will do well in the 16 and 18 boys this year

Reply #131529 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

"Why aren't you having it over a long weekened like you used too ?"

Used to be over the Adelaide Cup weekend I believe. Adelaide Cup weekend has been moved to earlier in the year.

Reply #131533 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

jh

16 Boys - Sturt and West, with Norwood probably next best but not quite there.

18 Boys - Sturt will get through their pool, North or Norwood after that. West easily in the other pool, probably South next.

Reply #131536 | Report this post

jh  
Years ago

west will have to start playing as a team only just won against south and to many want to bes and not enogh team players GO SOUTH we won in the semis against west and we will do it again

Reply #131539 | Report this post

BaselineFadeAway  
Years ago

Dandyman,
Be careful, when you kiss the sabres arse it may just turn and bite you one day. And wipe that brown stuff from your nose.

Reply #131551 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dandyman,

Not sure what games they may be up to this time but they will be playing in the boys competition.....I think!!

Reply #131554 | Report this post

Mum  
Years ago

All the state champ news will be here. http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-4010-0-0-0

Reply #131581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's remember that WEST are actually the "defending" champs in the boys based on the results from two years ago - and probably would be the favourites again with a top-notch Under 12 group to add to the groups that won the title two years ago.
Could see plenty of Sturt-West finals though - could be as many as 4 - 12, 14, 16 and 18s all a possibility.

Reply #131611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks for the history lesson by the only west U18 player that posts on here.

Reply #131620 | Report this post

jh  
Years ago

two years is along time in basketball alot of teams have improved since then,i think west 18s have gone backwards,north and west were top back then in u/16s this last g/f was sturt and south,so who has improved?

Reply #131642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, and haven't South kicked on in this winter season...

Reply #131659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

too true from the last post..arent south 0-6 so far in summer season. Sturt most likely to top their pool however other pool may be more interesting.

Reply #131701 | Report this post

russell coight  
Years ago

north forestvillw and sturt will vie for girls titles

Reply #131846 | Report this post

Sir Charles  
Years ago

Pool A of the boys looks very lob sided in comparison to the other pool, Sturt, North and Norwood all a real chance to take it out and Forestville have seemed to improve over the past few weeks.
Doesnt seem right with only west and south real contenders in the other pool.

Reply #131859 | Report this post

melbourne man  
Years ago

Dear Baseline fadeaway - 131551 -obviously a norwood man.

My victorian buddy Dandyman has struck your cord. Has victorian read this post yet.

With due respect we look at sturt and admire the way they run their programs - It is a real pity for bball in your state that you did not do the same and we would then respect your norwood tribe.

Tell me some more about the problem that the u/18 norwood boys had against was it woodvile, and spitting or something. What a terrible culture you must be creating at Norwood. Teaching your boys to spit !!!!

Could not believe it when victorian told me. But then again ...... hopefully your baseline will fade away and we can play some competetive SA teams like sturt.

Perhaps Sturt could compete in our champs and then they will get some stiff opposition week in week out.

Reply #131874 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne man- be very careful what you say about the spitting incident.
People have had things said about them which are blatantly untrue, and there will be more heard about this.
I'd suggest you leave it well alone.
Now back to State Champs.

Reply #131935 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More concerned as too why BSA has got the wrong teams in some pools.

Also, saw that the Forestville U14 Boys had to change pools. Does anybody know why?

Reply #132019 | Report this post

enjoythegame  
Years ago

it dosent matter what BSA trys someone has to have a bitch get over it,some people like to sit back and winge if it dosent go there way, most of the kids dont care who they play as long as they get to play its more like the parents that sook and moan,and some coaches.

Reply #132024 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Also, saw that the Forestville U14 Boys had to change pools. Does anybody know why?"

They did a Norwood!! wanted better opposition

Reply #132025 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon #132025,

please explain?

How would a team have the draw give them a better opposition?

Reply #132051 | Report this post

Suspect  
Years ago

I have another obvious Forestville bias from the draw. On Saturday night a number of schools have formals. Somehow Forestville don't have a game, but Sturt and Norwood do. And Paul Arnott was informed of this happening and Forestville get an early game. Your Suspent.

Reply #132075 | Report this post

enjoythegame  
Years ago

"Suspect" what age group are you on about u/18 boys play at 9pm friday and 8pm sat as i said before you cant keep everyone happy all of the time it dosent matter if Arnott or Joe Blow is doing the draw someone will have a sook about it, lets just enjoy watching a great weekend of games and after all as long as the kids are having fun and keeping ative thats what it is about.

Reply #132102 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forestville U18 girls have the easier draw and times and lovely home games too.

Reply #132189 | Report this post

Suspect  
Years ago

18 Girls

Reply #132196 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:44 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754