Isaac
Years ago

Dockers vs Crows

Missed the second half of the game - what went wrong?

Topic #11292 | Report this topic

Ak-47  
Years ago

Sounds like Freo had all the run. 1 point was the margin in the end.I think Luke Webster kicked a point 27 mins in and there was just a few seconds left. The Crows were unable to score. Sucks one POINT!

Reply #131582 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Devastating....

I could watch it in the least 20 seconds!

Reply #131595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont think anything really went wrong Isaac. It was a great game and both teams gave it their all. In the last minute chris tarrant was the third man up in a ruck contest and belted the ball forward to luke webster who snapped a point. Game over. Great game to watch though.

Reply #131598 | Report this post

sixersfan  
Years ago

If you think that was a great game of footy you've got rocks in your head! Sure the game was close, but the skills were shocking from both sides.

I understand it may have been slippery but the skills were better friday night in terrential rain!

A very frustrating game to watch but it really could have gone either way. Freo probably had the better of it in the second half, they just couldn't convert. Disappointing to see such a negative style of game from both teams.

Reply #131617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

jesus it was the boringest game in the world...

crows make every game boring, u know with the flooding?

Reply #131635 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think they're a smart and tactical team to watch, but that game was just scrappy because no one was getting a clean hand on the ball in the packs. Port did much better in the rain on Friday.

Reply #131636 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

crows play ugly footy, spoil the games of the most flowing sides..eg freo..port.

if i were a crows supporter (what a horrible thought)..i would defend it and say..we win games..but..its an ugly example of the game and a shame for supporters.

go power

Reply #131639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Being a crows fan myself I have found the recent bashing of the team's tactics quite frustrating.

Aussie rules is in a period of transition from a simple, move the ball and kick goals style, to a more subtle, tactical game. I feel as though a current problem is that many established supporters struggle to grasp the concept of employing certain tactics to overcome the gameplan of others.

Whilst it may not always be pretty, sometimes 'ugly' tactics can also be the only option. Teams such as port and freo, whilst i agree are much more free flowing teams, are also not innocent of using similar tactics.

Reply #131649 | Report this post

Bfresh  
Years ago

sorry forgot to log in :S #131649

Reply #131658 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

me If port were playing the same tactics as the Crows 'and spoiling the games' what would you be saying then?

Reply #131681 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Port would not play that way, we understand and appreciate the game for its beauty and skill, its more than just a chardy and whatever it takes, we want to not only win..but win with style.

as for the game going through a transition, BAH, it is a win at all costs tactic, that will do long term damage to the game..but thats ok...maybe more people will watch basketball instead

Reply #131983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Port are a mob of thugs. They have some skilled players but in most they take the guy out instead of going for the ball. Crows were good enough to give port a spanking with a lot of players out. GO CROWS.

Reply #131987 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Then you lose to Freo who we beat in PERTH! Why must we go through this every week?

Reply #131993 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In the know it is because you are that thick that you have to be told every week.

Reply #132037 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:33 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754