Bo Hamburger
Years ago

Agent Zero coverboy for NBA Live 2008

Gilbert Arenas is on the cover of EA Sports NBA Live 08 - do you think he'd be disappointed and not talking about it much?:

You know they slogan, "It's in the Game?"

I'm in the game and I'm on the game.
And just quickly, on another couple of issues:

1) Did anyone else catch the appalling double-page ad for financial company Challenger at the front of the Weekend Australian magazine over the weekend?

It featured a photo of Muggsy Bogue ankle-breaking some tall dude (both clad in fictional uniforms, as the NBA appears, quite sensibly, to want nothing to do with this tripe), with the big heading: He was the smallest player in the NBA. But he towered above the rest.

The wordy part of the ad finishes with the execrable line:

We're rising faster than a Muggsy Bogues slam dunk.
Not with advertising like this, you're not.

2) Courtesy of my wonderful sponsors at HoopsSA Bingo, here's my obligatory Deadspin link (regarding a female basketball punchup): ta-da!

Topic #11295 | Report this topic

SVD  
Years ago

They are showing a version of that Challenger ad on the tele too - it was quite odd

Reply #131640 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

You can download a similar (but not identical) PDF version of the ad from the Challenger website: link.

TV ad and outdoor poster also avaiable here (in Campaign Advertising box on right).

"Rising faster than a Muggsy Bogues slam dunk"? Seriously? Did the guys at Challenger clap raucously and exchange knowing "Yeah, this is the ONE" glances at each other around the table when this got pitched?

Reply #131643 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I hope Earl Boykins makes them pay for overlooking him. That other Challenger disaster was just the beginning.

Reply #131673 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

To be fair though it is easy to over look Earl Boykins

Reply #131688 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

Um, could Bogues actually dunk? And I'm pretty sure if he did, it would seem like ages til he got up there! You could count seconds when Spud got up there.

So the rise really wouldn't seem that fast would it?

Bo, I think more like "we got nothing better, let's go with the little cute black guy"

Reply #131767 | Report this post

mike  
Years ago

agent zero is the greatest ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! knowone could match his three pointers

Reply #132302 | Report this post

unsure  
Years ago

Mike, i wasn't sure if Agent Zero was the greatest ever, i thought maybe MJ, Wilt, Big O, Kareem, Bird Magic, Kobe may have all topped him, but those 17 exclamation marks sealed it.

Take a back seat MJ, Agent Zero really is the greatest ever!

Reply #132308 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:52 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754