farley 26
maher 22
forman 20
rychart 17

according to fremantle radio

Reply #12569 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

From the live scores, it looks like we had a chance in the final quarter but couldn't pull it back.

101-108

Sixers: Farley 26, Forman 23, Maher 22, Rychart 17, Cooper 10.
Wildcats: Ellis 23, Ronaldson 23, Tucker 17, Burston 9.

Lost the boards 41-47. Rebounds: Forman 9, Cooper & Holmes 7, Maher & Rychart 6. Assists: Maher 7, Williams 6.

Write-up from The Advertiser

Boxscore

Reply #12570 | Report this post

Shaqdiddy  
Years ago

Not bad effort considering down 13 in 3rd quarter, and to take the lead in fourth quarter after being down 9 at the intermission. Will be good to get home and thump the hell out of West Sydney next Saturday!

Oh and just shows how uneducated some supporters are to think that Oscar Forman cant play well at this level! 11 points in the third quarter kept us alive! Bad luck fellas

Reply #12571 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Last 4 minutes or even less the Wildcats ran away with it, till than we seemed to keep with them and match any runs they went on.

Reply #12572 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Forman, 23 points, 9 boards, 63% FG shooting, including 5/8 3 pointers!!

Great work Big O, lets keep it coming!!!!

Reply #12575 | Report this post

all for one  
Years ago

we are definitely in the mix this season.

if you note from seasons before - when we have finished the minor round as first place - we ahve crashed in the play offs.

whan we finish in the top 4ish phil gets them to peak for the finals - we seem to be having one of those seasons - which is a good sign

take this game out of perth and you could look at 15 odd points less for wildcats

but to catch ricky grace off form is an opportunity we will not see often

Reply #12576 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Last 2 games Reesy has played less than 20 minutes......we have lost both....coincedence???

Go the BIG O .....he is the future if this team....Jacob has got some mental issues with his shooting at the moment 1/8 FG needs a lot of thinking about!!!

Reply #12580 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

From the stats, it looks like this could've been Cooper's best game to date -- around 27 minutes for 10 and 7, plus 5 blocks.

6 assists to Williams could even be his career high?

Hopefully Holmes finds his shot next game -- he's a clear 10%+ back on accuracy this season, but still had good returns elsewhere -- 7 rebounds and 4 assists in 25 minutes (lowest minutes played for his season to date).

Maher great as always -- 22 points, 6 rebounds and 7 assists, only a couple of turnovers.

And Forman's career-best game after the 20 in West Sydney last year: 23 and 9 in 29 minutes. No turnovers, but his foul-line aversion continues which I don't think is good. Still, he was brought into the team partly as a three point shooter and he's the most accurate out there this year. I talked to him on the Friday and he was looking forward to the game.

Beaten by Perth's imports: Ellis with 23 and 12 in only 25 minutes, and Tucker with 18 and 14 (plus 5 steals) in 40 minutes.

Reply #12581 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Williams has had 8 assists in a game peviously.

Oscar started the season averaging 3.2 rebounds a game, came into this round averaging 6 per game, and is now 6.8, he has doubled his rebounding efforts.

Great work, just a bit more aggression on the base line drives, and he will be a starting centre!

Reply #12583 | Report this post

deak  
Years ago

Starting centre??? No.

He's a 3-4.

Not a centre.

Reply #12584 | Report this post

Shaqdiddy  
Years ago

Oscar wouldn't want to play centre in this league, much more affective at the 3-4, where he can get a consistant look at the 3 ball, and if last nights game is anything to go on in the future, we may see more of this!

He must go on with the job now, and although he has been getting rebounds consistantly, score 10+ a game for the rest of the season!

Reply #12585 | Report this post

Ryan  
Years ago

I could tell 60 seconds into the game against the Kings on Wednesday night what was going to happen. Adelaide is just not tough enough at the moment. They have talent to burn but what they could honestly use is an enforcer, someone who would not have been scared as cast aside by the physical (and totally legitimate) approach to the game, but who would actually relish in that environment. The worst part about this is that Mark Nash might actually return now this season, which is ABSOLUTELY the last thing that the team needs. Why the hell didn't we take Hambour to Sydney and Perth? He is at least a big body that could have taken a few hits from the Kings front line. What was the point in taking Todd Gower? Can anyone tell me what position it is that he is actually ever going to be able to play at NBL level?

As much as I love Dusty NO ONE is physically intimidated by him, and few are of Paul Rees anymore either. Rees has hardly played in the past couple of games because they were too fast paced for him. He would have had a heart attack if Smyth had kept him in against the Kings. If we are still able to get Derek Moore when he finishes up with Townsville then we certainly should.

As far as Jacob goes, I'm pretty sure he shot a shade under 38% from the floor last year, and he's down to just under 35% so far this year. He's a great player but he's got to start making some shots. Oscar has been great and I think Cooper has been quite solid as well (but he should be forced at gunpoint to shoot free throws for 6 hours a day until he gets it right!).

Yes I think 6 assists was a career high for Jason Williams. Congratulations, it only took 7 years!

It looks to me as though we are going to be awesome at home, but will struggle to beat decent teams on the road, and ultimately I don't think you are going to win a championship unless you can win on the road in places like Sydney.

Reply #12586 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Agreed. His shot's on, getting boards -- needs to get to the line for free throws (much improved last year in the ABA), and work on defense.

Not going to steal a starting centre spot from Rees (solid defender) or Cooper (clearly the best shot-blocker in the team). Nor from the other four starters (even when Holmes is missing shots, he gets assists and boards). But Oscar can be a decent contributor off the bench (9.1 PPG and 7 RPG right now).

Regarding Ryan's comments, I agree. When Rees tries to drive, he is so slow that you can see him being blocked before it happens -- did you see in the Kings game how cleanly Sanford got him that time? I cringed.

No one's mentioned Cooper's dunk against Sydney which I hope is a showing of more to come in that style.

Reply #12587 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I would think Rees' ability to get oposition guards to sit on their buts is still an asset.....He has surely the pointiest elbows in the league......he can get the tough guy jobs done not sure why he has not been playing more minutes the last few games. Even if the games are fast paced we win when he is contributing not when he is on the bench

Reply #12589 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Williams had 8 assists in a Sixers 118 to 89 win over the Tigers last season (Nov 21st to be exact) Box Score.

You can view past season results & Box Scores at Sixers Lounge - http://www.users.on.net/~kaneman/sixerslounge/

Reply #12591 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:33 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754