Anonymous
Years ago

Knee braces for basketball players

I see that a topic was started regarding ankle braces and was wondering about peoples experiences of knee braces. I've had a recent ACL recon and looking for some (psychological more than anything as the surgeon has said that no brace would help prevent it)recommendations.

Topic #11347 | Report this topic

C.Paul#3  
Years ago

If the surgeon has said that no brace would help prevent it than i guess that would been there isnt anything that could help you.

Reply #132377 | Report this post

wateva  
Years ago

c'mon mate he didn't asked to get paid out he just asked about braces. I've used two different types and they both pretty much sucked. I tried the wetsuit material one and the y shaped one and all they did was make my knee more sore. But you could try the sports store that is tucked away down the side street next to Le Cornu in Everard Park. They got heeps of differemt ones.

Reply #132423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thnak you watever,that was usefl....might go and have a look. CPaul-if you actually read my post properly I am quite aware that it is purely psychological however I know of numerous players in all sports who choose to wear a brace of some sort when they first return.

Reply #132472 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

basically the only reason surdeons recommend wearing a knee brace is for psychologicical reasons. You are better off taping your knee as braces tend to be bulky. i have had three knee recons and i have found taping is the way to go

Reply #132512 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

3 knee recons, how did you cope??? Different legs or all same one? I've had 2 and don't think I could do it all again.

Reply #132525 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That shop doesn't do the braces any more - I have a bad knee but no recon and am looking for another brace now - if you get one that stabilises I believe (and it could be all in the mind) that it helps as if I twist my knee its not as bad with a brace as it is without it.

Reply #135565 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:58 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754