redandblue
Years ago

State champs - qualifying

How does a player qualify to represent a club for state champs ? Do they need to have played a certain number of games or just be registered at the club they play for ?

Noticed a kid playing for a 2 tone club last night out at Hillcrest whilst our boys were on the court next door who had not been seen for 6 months.

We get accused of bending the rules at times yet certain clubs seem to be able to play players when they want.

How did the other kids in the team feel - they obviously got less court time. Bet you he didn't train or anything. At least we would not do that at mars.

Suppose he will end up in the state team now as well despite all the other kids having put in the hard work.

Topic #11364 | Report this topic

ManOfBlue  
Years ago

redandblue, I would be more concerned about your own team performances last night. You only just scraped in against a lowly side, if it wasnt for 1 particular player in your team who took over in the last 5 mins of the game that I saw you probably would have lost. You are about to get thumped in the crossovers.

Reply #132539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

redandblue

A player must be regstered with a club to qualify.

Reply #132545 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

"Suppose he will end up in the state team now as well despite all the other kids having put in the hard work".

If he is so good, why wouldn't he be in the State team? You complaining because he has natural ability? I don't think so, the kid has obviously done the hard work already.

Reply #132558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Red and Blue = sook!

Reply #132564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Redandblue,

Saw the results for your team last night...did the Div 2's get switched around again!!

Reply #132570 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Red and blue,

Since when has your concern been of other team's players welfare? It obviously didn't worry you when your team "bent the rules" as you call it, or as just about everyone else calls it, cheated, to rig the draw at your carnival!! Where is the concern for the Keilor (?) kids welfare?

Reply #132571 | Report this post

Blueboy  
Years ago

redandblue you d...head

Our kids are rapped that the boy is back - you obviously noticed the difference in their step last night.

Bring it on.

As for state , who cares - your boy a bit worried is he ?

Reply #132576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If I'm correct we would be talking about a talented kid who went to play footy. Some hoops.com.au posters told us it was the coaches that forced him to quit. If so why would he join the same team with the same coaches again. And why would he come to watch every game at Easter.

It seems that those poster were just flat out wrong but I doubt we will see an apology to coaches they blamed.

Reply #132588 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:00 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754