philnaldo
Years ago

Foxtel are about as useful as ........

I'm really enjoying the fantastic coverage Foxtel are giving us, 4 games a week during ther season then no games since sunday, the playoffs have been on for 2 weeks and we have seen a grand total of 3 games, this is a flat out disgrace , yesterday for example they had baseball on espn and fox sports at the same time,how do you show less of the playoff than you do during the season. hopefully they show more truck racing and fishing so i can put a straw hat on and drink xxxx , damm them I say ,damm them to hell, anyone having any luck with any net streams in english?

Topic #11366 | Report this topic

lockstock  
Years ago

Bit disappointed about the lack of mid week ESPN games recently, but as for Fox Sports not showing the playoffs, I can kind of understand.. it all comes down to the rights obtained and I guess Foxtel wanted to see the ratings of the regular season before forking out god-knows-what type of sums of money for playoff rights.

Reply #132562 | Report this post

DAVOICE  
Years ago

I am a Foxtel subscriber and today I queried with them what was happening with the playoffs.
I got the following explanation:
1. The NBA games have not been shown due to the fact that Fox/ESPN had been showing the "CRICKET"??? (who cared)
2. NBA Games will resume in about two weeks with the Conference Playoffs?? Why a 2 week delay - the guy I spoke to didn't have an answer.
Personally I think the answer sucks but what do you do - cancel Fox and then miss out.

Reply #132577 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Yes - ESPN is ####ing ridiculous... I get it in Japan and we can feast out eyes on Bass fishing, cheerleading championships, jumprope championships, and "Ultimate Woodman"... I loved the dig at ESPN in "Dodgeball"...

Woeful...

Reply #132580 | Report this post

philnaldo  
Years ago

Rodeo, Truck Racing and Argentine Polo must be what get's people to subscribe, whenever you ring foxtel they give you some diatribe, it's simply not good enough , someone needs a kick in the keester over this.

Reply #132585 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

What I can't figure out is how Poker is a Sport???

Reply #132618 | Report this post

woody  
Years ago

I cancelled FOX for this exact reason.. sure i miss out at home but i wasnt really getting good service anyway. I just go to the pub and ask them to put it on. They got better looking chicks serving beer than at my hse anyway

Reply #132696 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

They have cheerleading championships on ESPN? Where do I sign up?

Reply #132720 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:00 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754