Magic Man
Years ago

Best courts in the State

If we take out metro courts, what are the best courts that you have played on?

Mine are:
1. Millicent. No bias, the stadium is right up there with the Metro courts. I think better then Wayville easily.
2. Mt Gambier. Good show court, but the back courts need improvment at the Icehouse. Not good to play at in the heat.
3. Naracoorte. Not good at all. Better then Murray Bridge though.
4. Murray Bridge. They suck. Bring ice skates if you ever play here. Bad lighting.

Topic #11369 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Millicent has very hard floors and even harder rings. If you don't swiss your shot, faif chance its going to pop out. Lots of long rebounds too.

Wayville court 1 for me, the Wayville court 3, followed closely by Wayville court 2!

Reply #132556 | Report this post

Grote 61  
Years ago

No Limecoast bias there either Magic Man?

The Whyalla courts would top them all (but still not be close to Wayville).

Reply #132557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The main court in the Riverland where the Raiders used to play ABA on is by far the best. Beats most Metro stadiums.

Reply #132566 | Report this post

Bella  
Years ago

Magic Man,You obviously have never been to Broken Hill.

Reply #132567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Broken Hill is in NSW!

Reply #132568 | Report this post

Camel 68  
Years ago

but the kids play for SA Country?

Reply #132581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know, but it is still not in SA

Reply #132582 | Report this post

pitstop  
Years ago

Hopefully after the loooooooong wait, it would be Pasadena hands down!

Reply #132587 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

I think the Magistrates Courts at Holden Hill are nice. They have always been good to me out there.

Reply #132615 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Gee I cannot understand how the Hillcrest Stadium is not included in the best! Such wonderful viewing facilities for the spectators and first class car park (a liability exposure for pedestrians if ever I saw one!)

Reply #132622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

st clair is pretty good as well.... i heard that some people compare it to hillcrest!!

Reply #132649 | Report this post

Neptuneboy  
Years ago

You're right Squid. If you dont at least crash into one of those trees, you'll end up bottoming out on the uneven bitumen!

Mt Gambier ct 1 is good, agreed magic man.

Murray Bridge Court one is good (surface), but all of them have probs with the lighting.

Barossa courts are terrible! And on court 2 you have to stand a metre either left or right at the foul line to be level with the ring!

Whyalla are not too bad at all.
Port Pirie goes alright too

Can anyone remember the Gawler Rec Centre? That was just plain terrible!

Btw, where in the Riverland did the raiders play ABA? Renmark?

Reply #132652 | Report this post

Neptuneboy  
Years ago

Another thing, magic man, sounds like you have only ever played on courts in adelaide and the south east...

Mite pay to do a bit of shopping around then?

Reply #132657 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

aaaah Gawler rec centre i spilt pleanty of blood on those courts back in the day, nothing better than playing gawler gunners in the final and having the game called off because of all in brawls. nothing beats the old court2 at forestville u had to love those classic games when the spectatore felt like they were right in your face,and how u toom your life into your own hands by diving for a loose ball closeest to court 1......aaaahhhhh back in the day

Reply #132665 | Report this post

Fox 59  
Years ago

you ever played Neptune, or just refed all those places?

Reply #132668 | Report this post

anonymoose  
Years ago

Booga, that's because old forestville court 2 the spectators WERE a part of the game. Their feet were on the court, if they stood up they became part of the court. Does this mean you could use them to pass to :P Also the whole passing in from the dotted line instead of out of court. The stadium had everything.

Reply #132680 | Report this post

BeenAround  
Years ago

If the floors at Gawler rec centre were descent it would have been a good stadium. I loved how the grand stand was off of the court.

If that venue was refurbished it would have been great.

Reply #132687 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

in all my time playing at G-rec there was never a grand stand unless the spent money on the place after Armstrong stopped running the place

Reply #132690 | Report this post

chik  
Years ago

Gawler rec centre court 1 took half the skin off the right side of my body 1 night not the most pleasurable experience to say the least and yeah since when did it have a grand stand or is that what they call those wooden box seats on the side of the courts these days?

Reply #132691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree hillcrest courts are shite and so are the facilities around them however nice rings to shoot on. Very friendly rings.

Reply #132693 | Report this post

BeenAround  
Years ago

Sry Booga. I was talking Centrals old gym at Elizabeth. Its Friday and my head is dead.

Reply #132703 | Report this post

anonymoose  
Years ago

You're talking about Elizabeth? Everything was made of concrete! The stadium was shocking during winter, worse than marion, pt adelaide and hillcrest put together. The concrete was freezing, much like ice.

Reply #132722 | Report this post

leyton  
Years ago

centre court at memorial drive is ok but prefered it when it was grass

Reply #132727 | Report this post

Rule Guru  
Years ago

Without a doubt, the Mawson Lakes Sport Centre (formerly The Levels) is the best court I have played and refereed on. Spectator facilities could be better.

The Old Pulteney gym was something to behold. Just ask Andy Symons, current Forestville coach. Getting the ball through the roof supports required great skill.

The old Saints gym was a gem. End line was a padded wall!!

Reply #132743 | Report this post

Coach  
Years ago

Old Forestville Court 1 the best followed by Mount Gambier Court 1. Millicent Court 1 by far the worst court to play on.

Reply #132744 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

The new courts in Jamestown are fantastic! They compare very highly with Wayville!

The are having the official opening next Sat night, included in the event are 2 State League Netball Games.

If you are ever up near Jamestown, be sure to check it out! Not only can both Netball and Basketball be played there, Darren Lehmann and Jason Gillespie also helped with the establishment of the facilities to include indoor cricket nets!

CHECK IT OUT! One of the best stadiums in the state!

Reply #132752 | Report this post

ey4drhf  
Years ago

where is Jamestown??

Reply #132775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pepsi Centre is easily the best in the state

Reply #132782 | Report this post

Neptuneboy  
Years ago

Fox 59, i played at the gawler rec centre as a kid

Reply #132941 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

Whyalla courts are pretty good.
MARS is good as well on court 1.
Wayville is yummy, Dome is gold.

Im not sure where or what it was called but i played in a carnival at a stadium that looked/was like an airport hanger. i was young when i played there, does anybody have any idea of the one im talking about? Im pretty sure nowadays its shut.

Reply #132942 | Report this post

tt  
Years ago

athol park

Reply #132943 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

what team did u play on neptuneboy

Reply #133101 | Report this post

Phd in shot  
Years ago

The best courts are the at starplex hell of a drive but one hell of a facility. The worst was athol park but now i would say the concrete court at mt barker. great for removing skin breaking arms and ankles all round class

Reply #133397 | Report this post

Magic Man  
Years ago

Murray Bridge Court one is good (surface), but all of them have probs with the lighting.

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! The Armory has no lighting problems at all, but the court is absolute ****. Slippery as all hell, and bad flooring.

Reply #133468 | Report this post

Magic Man  
Years ago

No Limecoast bias there either Magic Man?

No, i woulda put Warrnambool #2. They are sweet. Great capacity, nice rings, great lighting, hell, even the stadium looks good. I was just saying the ones that i have played on.

Reply #133469 | Report this post

Magic Man  
Years ago

Another thing, magic man, sounds like you have only ever played on courts in adelaide and the south east...

and in Victoria. At least we have more tournaments then the Lakers.

Reply #133472 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:01 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754