Years ago

State Champs

Now that the weekend is over what did everybody think and who was the eventual club champs?

Topic #11393 | Report this topic

Dirty Harry  
Years ago

Sooner rather than later.

Reply #132837 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

i think the front office got it wrong with there seedings of limestone coasters!

Reply #132840 | Report this post

D16  
Years ago

Yeah they did, what overall award did they win?

Reply #132843 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

with the importance of this weekend it baffles me as to why green shirt were reffing (or even required since there was no aba). doesn't seem right to have imprtant games risked by inexperianced refs.

Reply #132845 | Report this post

Gravity man  
Years ago

Green shirt referees are use more as BASA pay them less per game etc,So its more mney in BASA pocket over weekend.Be aware more green shirts r coming!!!!

Reply #132851 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gravity Man, complete moron who obvoiusly is all over refereeing. Glad we have him to point out the completely absurd. What a joke of a comment.

Reply #132854 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#132854 Lay off the coffee and energy drinks. Learn to chill out man. You wouldn't want anyone to think you could be the moron.

Reply #132859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Level 0 and Level 1 umps were paid the same rates on the weekend. There was an absolute shortage of refs and the situation was a joke as some youngsters were at their limits by lunchtime yesterday doing 4 and 5 games straight etc. Thats the only downside I can see of having the champs over one weekend because the refs have no time to regroup and even get some food into them. What also doesnt help is by Sunday some of the Parents need a cup of tea and a good lie down- many out there should be shot for comments, dont they realise without refs there is NO game? Its is after all a game albeit important but surely not life-threatening if there is a no-call or not what u want called? Some people need to have a hard look at themselves. Apart from that congrtas to the winners and the organisers and the refs who will all be very sore and tired today.

Reply #132866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We had three umpires for one of our games; I think they were trialling for 3 refs for ABA. Great game - didn't notice the refs.

Reply #132872 | Report this post

whatever  
Years ago

Thats great they are practicing three man. But then why did some games on sunday only have one ref?

Some ref's had to do 7 games in a row. I think that is terrible.

Reply #132887 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

How did this get to be a Refs issue? - Boring.

What clubs won what?
Overall Club? Girls State? Boys State?

Reply #132905 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:10 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754